Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

'From Ashes' Archetype Tourney Fight 4- Bard v Summoner VOTE NOW!

Cleric beats down mage in the third fight, and so now we're down to the last fight in the qualifying round! Who will it be, bard or summoner? Winner faces off against tank!

Vote now using strawpoll: https://www.strawpoll.me/45507848

ynkN4ND.jpg
wgJnqnc.jpg

Comments

• ErdunErdun Member
    Summoner ftw!
  • And the Tank gets a bye…

Summoner should beat Bard given the versatility. Both classes are known for not doing much well. Could be a knockout drag out fight based on the approach the Summoner takes, or a complete snooze fest. Might need to apply a point system for style points. As this is a battle of Support, the age old question applies. Boxers or briefs?
  • Bard.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Dwarf!
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • ZeshioZeshio Member
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Dwarf!

I actually almost made the bard a dwarf with bagpipes, I'll make it into a comic sometime
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Zeshio wrote: »
    I actually almost made the bard a dwarf with bagpipes, I'll make it into a comic sometime

Props! Very ‘Order of the Stick’ of you.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Huh?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • ZeshioZeshio Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Huh?

What?
  • Have to give my vote to summoner (totally not biased)
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That bard reminds me of…

4e8c774aaa84fd482db5b10f4cfc693c.jpg

Hhak63P.png
  • Summoner
    Definitely
  • I'm strongly Pro Bard, but I can't see it working out for the Bard. A Bard is a team player that buff's their teammates and de-buffs the enemy.

The way I see it is that, assuming there is a rock-paper-scissors effect between classes, then a summoner will always be able to pick the strongest summon type for a given opponent. The summon might only be 70-90% as good as a "proper player" of the nemesis archetype, but it will still be effective.

Sorry, I was too serious.
    Let's have a "Monster of Rock" vs. a (summoned) "Rock Monster" and turn it up to 11.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • KesthelyKesthely Member
    edited October 2021
    The bard should win hands down, The description says or causes enemies to fight at his side. This would imply that he could gain control of the summoned creature(s) buff them, and gang up on a now solo Summoner

There is also a second reason why i think bard would win. While summons are strong, There is enough resons to believe you can CC them and focus on the summoner instead. Especially in a 1 vs 1
  • Ya the bard can't possibly win a poll like this. The bard has the normal amount of people that are probably going to play them and stick with them. Where I'm not sure what the summoner players are even going to do.

Plus hybrid classes are generally more popular than pure supports in general. Though not an actual hybrid class. The fact they can be virtually anything and switch to virtually anything would give them an unfair advantage on a poll. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East