Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our ongoing Alpha One testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Caster AoE spells

IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Make them strategic and not spammable. Solution: Big cooldowns OR huge mana drain :5head:
Izil.png

Comments

  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 21
    I like the idea of long cooldown/bad ass abilities. There obviously needs to be some form of short cooldown button rotation for players to practice and master but having cool spells to weave into the rotation when the need is there is what I hope to see.
  • AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would see more about melee more focused in one-target, or can go to small AE/cleave
    and range more able to do decent work in AOE.

    And the game is far from old game where killing 1 ennemy asked 1 minute. from what i did in alpha, i was able to chain them well as mage. having a small AOE frequently usable and having so some real powerfull with big CD would fit better
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Aerlana wrote: »
    I would see more about melee more focused in one-target, or can go to small AE/cleave

    Small tangent: player collision will give melee much more advantage in handling multiple mobs. Positioning will actually tactically work (in theory).

    AoC+Dwarf+750.jpg
  • veyrahveyrah Member
    edited July 22
    Izil wrote: »
    Make them strategic and not spammable. Solution: Big cooldowns OR huge mana drain :5head:

    Big cooldown means the damage needs to be higher compared to lower cooldown. This can lead to huge burst aoe if multiple casters focus down on a group at once with their aoe's.

    Just an assessment, decide if that is desirable or not.. I'm not sure.
  • George BlackGeorge Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 22
    Agreed. AoE tend to get out of hand, becoming a main reason pvp turns bad and pve becomes boring.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited July 22
    veyrah wrote: »
    Izil wrote: »
    Make them strategic and not spammable. Solution: Big cooldowns OR huge mana drain :5head:

    Big cooldown means the damage needs to be higher compared to lower cooldown. This can lead to huge burst aoe if multiple casters focus down on a group at once with their aoe's.

    Just an assessment, decide if that is desirable or not.. I'm not sure.
    During Alpha One Siege, we organically stagger our AoE's so that it's always active, rather than trying to stack for burst. I think by the time my AoE abates and the next person's abates, my cooldown has 1-2 seconds left.
    So, how long the AoE lasts is also a factor.
  • veyrahveyrah Member
    edited July 22
    Dygz wrote: »
    So, how long the AoE lasts is also a factor.

    Oh definitely true! The damage per spell would still be high but distributed over a longer time. That would be pretty boring to me though. Imagine casting your bread and butter aoe, they walk out, aoe pasts for another half a minute and you cannot recast it for forever.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Well, that is what collision is for. So, we're doing that sequential AoE at choke points.
Sign In or Register to comment.