Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

2018 Gameplay Footage

edited July 2021 in General Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2hYG0UAbwg

I just saw the footage from LazyPeon. Now, i know we don't want to go this route when it comes to combat. But i do love how fast paced the combat is in this trailer. You can actually MOVE, jump, run, dodge roll while casting spells and hitting an enemy and everything is just so fast. Games like BDO makes me vomit that you need to stand in one spot while attacking. Hopefully there will be better mobility in the later stages of the alpha.
m6jque7ofxxf.gif

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This video is actually a perfect representation of why I don't believe in this option, without the massive dissertation level of the post I made about it, that even I don't want to reread.

This looks good, but it's too fast to work in my opinion relative to lag and some other stuff.

To balance it you'll have to make it slower. If it is meaningfully slower, it won't be as fun and the mobility drop will make me dislike it.

I want more mobility and less concerns about lag at the same time. Or more accurately, I want this, but even faster and more sidestrafe speed and doubletap sidesteps and counterblows, but I don't believe in that possibility at the moment.

It'd be fun though...
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Azherae wrote: »
    This video is actually a perfect representation of why I don't believe in this option, without the massive dissertation level of the post I made about it, that even I don't want to reread.

This looks good, but it's too fast to work in my opinion relative to lag and some other stuff.

To balance it you'll have to make it slower. If it is meaningfully slower, it won't be as fun and the mobility drop will make me dislike it.

I want more mobility and less concerns about lag at the same time. Or more accurately, I want this, but even faster and more sidestrafe speed and doubletap sidesteps and counterblows, but I don't believe in that possibility at the moment.

It'd be fun though...

What you mean? :smile: This is literally how fast paced ESO is in PvP. It's def possible!
    Here's my annoying slightly unkillable shield stacking sorcerer in ESO PvP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1eSY-76--o
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    DreohDreoh Member

It'd be fun though...

What you mean? :smile: This is literally how fast paced ESO is in PvP. It's def possible!
    Here's my annoying slightly unkillable shield stacking sorcerer in ESO PvP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1eSY-76--o

yea but that's not a 250v250 (or even the hopeful 500v500) battle where you have to have the server handle every action of each of those players including collision and projectiles and aoes and every other thing it needs to calculate.

At most there were like 20 people in the area in that video.
  • Options
    I'll also note that I consider that to be slower than the Ashes video, and it is slow enough that I'd rather not even have it at that point.

I'm glad to hear that ESO has fixed its horrendous PvP lag issues within the last two years, though.

• Options
    DreohDreoh Member
    edited July 2021
    Has ESO fixed it's lag/rubberbanding/latency issues?
  • Options
    I checked, in case I was being biased, and couldn't find any recent obvious YouTube videos complaining about it, or anything like that, so, between @TheDarkSorcerer 's claim and a lack of any easily accessible supporting data for my prejudices, I can only assume that my perception is outdated.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I checked, in case I was being biased, and couldn't find any recent obvious YouTube videos complaining about it, or anything like that, so, between @TheDarkSorcerer 's claim and a lack of any easily accessible supporting data for my prejudices, I can only assume that my perception is outdated.

ESO on console has always been absolute horrid. But it's been like that since launch with yearly LIES of coming improvements. It just their bad server and an their incompetent dev team. Hopefully Intrepid uses better servers than Zenimax. And it seems like Intrepid has a great team of people dedicated to make this game amazing. Would just love to see more freedom in movements overall rather than standing still.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options

ESO on console has always been absolute horrid. But it's been like that since launch with yearly LIES of coming improvements. It just their bad server and an their incompetent dev team. Hopefully Intrepid uses better servers than Zenimax. And it seems like Intrepid has a great team of people dedicated to make this game amazing. Would just love to see more freedom in movements overall rather than standing still.

Then yeah, the only complaint I'd have if it was the original speed shown and didn't have 'netcode issues' would be weapon balance probably taking a while.

I don't want ESO speed though. All of the recent videos I watched are even slower than yours, and at that speed, counterplay is monotonous (this is dealt with in ESO by TTK either being very long or short with nowhere in between, and that part, I know has not changed).

I can definitely say that the current movement speed in Ashes would just irk me if we had more freedom of movement to go with it. At that point, I'd rather stand still. Taxing my hands but not my mind is not a positive point, for me. Either make me have to do both, or neither...