Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Keybind Accessibility

TreboreonTreboreon Member
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
the game looks amazing but going through the available keybind options i found there was no option to keybind turning left & right, personally i find this a huge accessibility issue as not everyone can use the mouse for turning well moving.

adding the ability to keybind turning left & right to the arrow keys would be huge QoL improvement as it would make the game more accessible for those who suffer with a physical disability.

Comments

• Options
    most mmo such as star wars the old republic also have this as a available keybind, i only have the use of my right arm due to a physical disability so it be greatly appreciated
  • Options
    here's example of swtor
    Screenshot_2021-07-23_16_15_03_838108.jpg
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's Alpha One.
    The design is for the UI and keybinds to be very customizable.
    But that will be later in development than Alpha One.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    It's Alpha One.
    The design is for the UI and keybinds to be very customizable.
    But that will be later in development than Alpha One.

that gives me bit of hope, iv tried new world beta and doesn't have keybind for turning so it just has me worried cuz i love mmo & it would be heartbreaking to find no keybind for it
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Definitely good to mention key controls that would be helpful for you, to be sure the devs are aware of it.
  • Options
    Definitely good to mention key controls that would be helpful for you, to be sure the devs are aware of it.

from what iv seen of current keybind option. being able to keybind turning would help me greatly, for example left arrow key to turning left & the right arrow key turning right

atm there doesn't seem to be a option

you can see example in screenshot i linked :smile:
  • Options
    Again...it's Alpha One.
    So, features are very rudimentary.
  • Options
    TreboreonTreboreon Member
    edited July 2021
    Again...it's Alpha One.
    So, features are very rudimentary.

sry if i repeated myself i was suggested to make forum post
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    From what I've read and heard in streams, Steven is very sensitive to accessibility for gamers. I'm sure there will be a number of rounds to ensure folks will be able to play at parity across a number of different accessible conditions.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png