Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Day, Night, Season Cycles, what would you like to see?

Arthus DawnbreakerArthus Dawnbreaker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I noticed in Alpha 1 there has only been day playing. Really interested to see how the night and seasons look. Wonder if we will get that in alpha 2 or possibly beta 1.

Would also like to see them design a dark forest almost like dusk wood from WoW
ef26cde79b8bc2b2099824bb90cf0c7f.jpg
would like to see more dynamic environments like several level caverns and caves, dynamic falls and hidden caves under waterfalls and ancient ruins to discover.
the_glass_forest_by_eddie_mendoza_d8s3op6-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGM2ZTA1OTAtMDExYi00OTEyLWJmZTQtOTM1M2I2ZTVkYzk4XC9kOHMzb3A2LTE4YWExMzViLWZkYTUtNDEyMi04ZmJiLTAwMDNlNzZlOWQ1NC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.lAkc9WLGYEqb5rtfNw_i-YBglTqX3X6vwnB0P28Li7U
tumblr_p9kkbtdAG91r47bczo1_1280.jpg

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd like to see all the stuff they already have planned, once it's implemented.

And birds.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2021
    To be honest I dont care too much for seasons, as long as there are areas with distinctive climates: tropical, arctic, saharan etc etc.

I would prefer the devs to work on climate debuffs and adventurous gameplay mechanics, rather than cosmetic seasons all over the map.

For night and day I think that in a given gameplay time cycle, 2/6 should be night and 4/6 should be day, with mob variations in certain environments (quest related as well), swapping between night and day.

If possible to make caves and forests a bit darker during night time. But I wouldnt want all the map to be pitch black as well.
  • FairtaleFairtale Member
    edited July 2021
    I would like to see weather that effects the game. Examples:
    • areas that can only be accessed when the weather allows it;
    • mobs that only come out under certain weather conditions;
    • transport of goods being interrupted by weather (and causing shortages);

EDIT: nice selection of images, they look amazing. I really love the fireflies at night as a source of light. Cant believe I am the only one who liked your post, what is wrong with this forum :|
  • Arthus DawnbreakerArthus Dawnbreaker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    love your ideas with weather and mobs that come out during certain weather

• CROW3CROW3 Member
    @Bastellon - in case you haven't seen the plans for climate. I agree on having DARK environments, it would make the tradeoff between equipping a torch and an off-hand/two hand weapon more meaningful. It would also be cool to have racial abilities like dark vision to help out.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • knickiiknickii Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Cool ideas. I'd like to see a rainy season...standing up on a mountain and watch as it rolls across an area. Maybe watch some really big waves/ high winds for when you're on your boat
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    knickii wrote: »
    standing up on a mountain and watch as it rolls across an area.

Totally. I can't say how much time I spend in RDR2 in the mountains above Valentine watching the weather sweep in and out of the area. I really hope AoC has this and more.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • So much potential. The idea of different mobs / area only in certain seasons is cool imo. Just imagine the use of "The Winter is coming" etc. :D
  • volshvolsh Member
    I'd prefer night to look/feel exactly like it should, dark (not to the extent we can't see anything) enough to highten your senses, lamps dotted along roads etc, and different evening ambient/creature sounds, all the things that make a night-time excursion something to be cautious about
    edited July 2021
    Jindran wrote: »
    So much potential. The idea of different mobs / area only in certain seasons is cool imo. Just imagine the use of "The Winter is coming" etc. :D
    Hahaha Winter is coming i love that!
    CROW3 wrote: »
    @Bastellon - in case you haven't seen the plans for climate. I agree on having DARK environments, it would make the tradeoff between equipping a torch and an off-hand/two hand weapon more meaningful. It would also be cool to have racial abilities like dark vision to help out.
    the dark vision idea would be cool where you can see further than some races.

• Aggressive monsters roaming the roads prepared to give you a suprise attack , that mixed with ganks would give some great jump scares if the nights are dark enought, maybe in nights without moon... Maybe even add some skills to glow your weapon during the night would be great
    Ramirez wrote: »
    Aggressive monsters roaming the roads prepared to give you a suprise attack , that mixed with ganks would give some great jump scares if the nights are dark enought, maybe in nights without moon... Maybe even add some skills to glow your weapon during the night would be great
    That would be fantastic! I love the idea of some mobs spawning with their own objectives to kill travelers walking by during the night. Love the glowing weapon idea.