Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

More Weapons

I am a fan of hand-style weapons personally. So I have an idea for 2. One physical, one magic. For physical, I like claws. Faster attack, lighter hits, but with higher crit potential or dot potential (like bleeds). Knuckledusters or brass knuckles could be similar, but with adding stun instead of bleed. For the magic one, I have an idea that I have never really seen implemented in any MMO. A gem focus embedded into a glove (I guess kind of like Yuffie in FF7). Instead of waving around a wand or staff, you would have faster hand motions with spell effects coming from your finger tips. Either this could be fast attacks like the claws/knuckles, with added elemental damage in chunks or in dots with things like fire, or poison. OR. You could use a 5 stage attack where no damage is done until the last hand motion, but with a LARGE damage attack for finishing the combo.

Also, as a side note. I think adding shuriken or throwing daggers as hand-based ranged weapons would be sweet too.

Comments

• Options
    I like the idea of the claws or hand weapons. Fast hand weapons is always a cool idea.

Do not get discouraged if these ideas don't make it to game release, i bet Intrepid are always looking at possible ideas for future expansions.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Every time I see a post about hand weapons, I don't see any negative comments. I'm sure they will add this into the game by launch or eventually (hopefully ASAP). I would like to tank with a shield and my fist if possible. How bad ass would that be!? Face off with a dragon and punch him in the face. I mean come on.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    @Khronus - especially if you could backhand it. Something about a bitchslap interrupt on a breathweapon that’s just epic.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Khronus wrote: »
    Every time I see a post about hand weapons, I don't see any negative comments. I'm sure they will add this into the game by launch or eventually (hopefully ASAP). I would like to tank with a shield and my fist if possible. How bad ass would that be!? Face off with a dragon and punch him in the face. I mean come on.

I think shields specifically require you to be wielding a one handed weapon. Would you like fist weapons to be one handed? Typically they are two handed for realism/dps balance.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    JustVine wrote: »
    Khronus wrote: »

I think shields specifically require you to be wielding a one handed weapon. Would you like fist weapons to be one handed? Typically they are two handed for realism/dps balance.

I would love to see a one handed fist option. When I wrote that, I honestly didn't even think of them being dual wield only but it makes sense. At the end of the day, focusing on realism shouldn't even be a thing in a game where we cast spells, fight monsters, and travel on skeleton horses haha. I'm all for keeping things "real" but fun should be the focus or players will eventually leave. Escape from Tarkov is a great example of trying to make something too real.

Being that each weapon so far offers specific combinations of the auto attack, I can see single/dual wield/ 2 handed possibilities of all types of weapons working well.