Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Node Visual Style

I understand that the node will change visual style based on the race that contributes the most to it's level up. I am wondering if there will be left over elements from the previous visual style? Would be cool to have a visual representation of the evolution of a node.

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I highly doubt it.
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think what we will end up getting is a system that treats node upgrades like a cookie cutter. I am assuming so anyway so let's hope I am wrong! In a perfect world, as we play the game, complete quests, deliver materials, slay mobs and bosses, I would love to see the cities evolve over time. Piece by piece, building by building. Even in blanket stages this would be great. Imagine (as a VERY BASIC example), you need 1000 stones and 1000 lumber and a total of 50000 combined EXP gained within the area. Once you hit 25% of that, the current stage will begin building and lay out the materials to represent the changes, at 50% the buildings will begin framing and land border will be stretched out, at 75% the buildings and town walls will be constructed to 75% and at 100% it will be announced that the node has evolved and you will see the node in all its upgraded glory.

I honestly don't care how a city ends up looking as long as it is appealing and unique to the game. Who cares what race donated the most imo. It got upgraded, time to pick up those sweet sweet quests.
  • I remember it being stated in one of the livestreams or interviews that they had thought about doing cookie cutter upgrading or even leaving remnants, but it was just too much effort to implement versus everything upgrading at once

That might have changed though
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's not supposed to be cookie cutter. Should be a slightly different layout even after a Node is destroyed and built up again.
    Building by building is whatever the Mayor chooses to have constructed.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This. As Dreoh said at one point they though about it but it was to expensive to leave old stuff and add to it.
    That could change as it is still early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYFKi4j-Zaw
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.