Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

July Update

JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
How is it already the end of July?

Either way, here is the July Update...

https://youtu.be/T8qFsYVnXxU
hpsmlCJ.jpg
Make sure to check out Ashes 101

Comments

• Options
    great gesture with the food truck.

So with personal pets, combat pets, summons and mounts, are they not all extra polygons that take up performance preventing large populations densities as they take up what could have been potentially another player?

Every key chain they add to a player prevents a potential for another player in the world? It was how it was explained to me in terms of performance allowance ranges and player density.

Example:
    a player and a mount technical = 2 potential players
    a combat pet = 1 potential player
    class summons = 1 potential player
    personal pets = 1 potential player
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    for example:

250 vs 250

says 50 on each side is a summoner class:

300 vs 300

now say 30% of of the 500 players use combat pets

that's potentially another 150 entities with polygons

then the ability to summon mounts, maybe 25% of that 500 is swapping between mounted combat from player to player

that's potentially another 125 entities, maybe even more

so at a given time there could be almost 900 entities or more on the battle field with abilities going off.

and that's not even including the potential for the personal key chain pets.

I'm not trying to pick it apart, I'm just curious on performance goals. I did hear they may go UE5 but it's stil alot of entities that could be around and that's not even including open world with NPC's etc.