Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Based on the guild member official discussion. I think we should be able to /forceAttack guildies.

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
Sometimes somebody is being annoying. Sometimes that somebody belongs on our side. And sometimes, since this will be a true social mmo (as opposed to lifeless ground finder lobby mmos) we should be able to get angry at our friends of guildies and smack them on the head.

Lets say two people in the same guild have an argument and dislike each other. The lead and officers are away. Emotions rise and people want to satisfy their itch. Now, unless one of them leaves the guild, they can't come to blows. And they are both loyal members.

I think it would be a mistake to let those people frustrated, being unable to attack each other in the spur of the moment. It is an open world PvP mmo after all.

If there are concerns regarding the coding behind Green/Purple/Red and corruption that is a different topic. But in L2 you could still attack a guild member. Is it perhaps because L2 was tab target only and AoC will have Action combat? Could it cause accidental PK during group play, and that is why Steven has said that people won't be able to attack group or guild members? If that is the case let it be known.
But I think it would be best if we could let our human emotions create some fun guild drama.

The greatest story of an mmo is what players have done, after all.

Comments

• Options
    CypherCypher Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Don’t care about that, but I would definitely like a feature to send a duel request and be able to have a sparring session against friends or guild members. Not limited to 1v1 either. Should be able to be any number of duel participants or at least up to party vs party (8v8).
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I thought that was the idea.

I have been busy these last few weeks, so I have not been testing. Last I played, you could toggle between attacking anyone and no one.

It was just hard to tell your current state because you would have to target another player and see if the circle under them was red or green. You toggle with a single key. Which is the bare-bones sort of implementation I would expect from an alpha.

That said, it mostly works like L2 did.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    MhythMhyth Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I think if there was a location in cities or other specific locations in the world were guild members could have it out that would fill the need. Allowing an /enable attack guild member toggle anywhere would lead to abuse of mechanics where individuals could intentionally disrupt a dungeon fight or sabotage the defense or attack on a city or numerous other instances of cowardly backstabbing at critical moments.
  • Options
    mhyth wrote: »
    I think if there was a location in cities or other specific locations in the world were guild members could have it out that would fill the need. Allowing an /enable attack guild member toggle anywhere would lead to abuse of mechanics where individuals could intentionally disrupt a dungeon fight or sabotage the defense or attack on a city or numerous other instances of cowardly backstabbing at critical moments.

Sounds like real human behaviours. Sounds like people need to get to know who they invite in their guild.

Travel to an arena to satisfy your annoyance? Sounds lame. What if the other person doesnt respond?
    I would rather be able to hit them.
  • Options
    What about a guild rank (e.g. penalty box) that can be attacked without being kicked from the guild?
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    What about a guild rank (e.g. penalty box) that can be attacked without being kicked from the guild?

but the guilty in the stockades! allow members to throw cabbage and tomatoes at them! :D
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wait, the default currently stated is that if you flag for pvp you can't hit guild members outside of objective based activities? If so that sounds silly but probably is just there to reduce coding difficulty.

I agree you should be able to hit guild mates outside of objective areas if you flag. I don't think the corruption system should work differently just because they are in your guild.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    Hm… sometimes there are guildies worth the corruption. 😈
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    I think we should be able to attack guildies too, but worst case scenario if someone really is worth killing and in the guild, they can probably get kicked out before they're executed.
  • Options
    I think we should be able to attack guildies too, but worst case scenario if someone really is worth killing and in the guild, they can probably get kicked out before they're executed.

It's two members that argue and the leaders are not logged in. How and who do you kick?