Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ideas for dungeons

I saw a cool thing in new world where there are enchanted trees blocking the inner depths of a dungeon that needed 100 wood cutting to get into. I think that’s a pretty cool idea because it gives you something to work for and a mystery that you can’t just see right away

Comments

• Options
    CypherCypher Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Might sound weird but reminds me of the old school pokemon games where you need to teach "Cut" or "Rock Smash" to a pokemon to access certain areas. I like your idea.
  • Options
    Sounds cool, but what would be the respawn timer on these trees? Chances are someone would cut them before you, or you could just wait around for another group to cut it, kill them and then proceed into the dungeon they just unlocked.
  • Options
    Sounds cool, but what would be the respawn timer on these trees? Chances are someone would cut them before you, or you could just wait around for another group to cut it, kill them and then proceed into the dungeon they just unlocked.

could just make it the requirement to interact and get by.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    CypherCypher Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh you know what I think would be really cool along this same train of thought??

An awesome secret location beyond the end of some raids or guarded by some world bosses perhaps. I don't know who here played Phantasy Star Universe (not PSO2), but when you'd beat a boss you could move to the next area which was different depending on the area you were in. At the end of one boss in particular you could hang out in a beautiful hot spring area. But once you leave you can't get back in unless you beat the dungeon/raid again.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Kind of already a thing.
    Here we see a mage move stone to open a dungeon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iNpeHv7l1Y

This is another older video as well from PAX 2017 showing the intent of classes and out of combat abilities.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vHCXFo4j1Q

They said in some of the early streams there would be places in dungeons you won't be able to get to if you don't have the right base archetype to open the way. Rogues finding hidden doors mages moving stuff so forth.
    Also right no in the alpha if you go to a dungeon before to node levels up it in little move then a hallway. As the node levels they open up more. Makes me wonder if have the right archetype in your group might allow players to access say a hidden wing that those with out can't get in to.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    TeamVASHTeamVASH Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I saw a cool thing in new world where there are enchanted trees blocking the inner depths of a dungeon that needed 100 wood cutting to get into. I think that’s a pretty cool idea because it gives you something to work for and a mystery that you can’t just see right away

I love that idea, I think it sounds really neat!
  • Options

i like this
    Monkey Business (EU) is RECRUITING
    kWbm5nG.gif
  • Options
    CriminalCupcakeCriminalCupcake Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I entirely disagree. These mechanics have been around since Original Runescape.
    Not for Ashes.