Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Be able to write your own story ( suggestion for content)

MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
How many years has it been since you last told an incredible event that happened to you in an MMO?

For me it was 3 years ago when I had a castle war against the strongest guild in the entire American server, obviously we lost but I will never forget that thanks to the hours of training, studies of positioning strategies and synergy practices we were able to face it for more than 25 minutes being us the only F2P team that could endure a 1 vs 1 against the best P2W team in America. How I wish I had a diary in the game so that I could describe what happened that day and let the other F2P guilds know that there was an F2P guild raised its arm against the stronger P2W guild without being afraid of them.

Imagine that AoC gives us the ability to write our own history, the events, the adventures we have, something where we can capture what we consider incredible.
It could be in a newspaper in our homes, it could be that in large cities they have newspapers where someone writes the events of the city or it could be that the guilds have the ability to write the events, feats, achievements that we obtain as a team.

Now, it would also be interesting if each server would have the ability to write a history of the successes / achievements generated by the different guilds, such as a guild achieving a "unique" feat, and no, not to be confused with the typical feats of killing. to 100 people or achieve a mythical +25, these achievements should be of a "unique" level something that is considered legendary to be reflected in the history of the server.

That a game gives you the ability to write your own story would be something very welcoming :)

EDym4eg.png

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2021
    Write it in a piece of paper mate and post a pic to your discord community channel.

Why waste development resources to produce ingame pieces of paper? Who os going to want to visit your home and look around for pieces of paper into order to get to know your history. Nobody, really.

If you are worth of knowing Ill hear about you on the server. Your actions will get you known, not household visits by complete strangers. Strangers dont care one bit.
    And ye, if the people that are doing to want to hear your stories are known to you just use discord.

Jesus, people are so into themselves that they dont realize that nobody cares and the system wont be utilized by a serious number of people.

How about we focus on classes combat weapons abilities, the balance of value between homegrown raw materials and the gatherable ones etc etc etc. Real gaming systems, ye?
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    An in all seriousness, when you tell a story to a stranger, all they think is "hurry up and finish so that I can tell you mine." Strangers dont care. They want to project, not take in.
    For your community -> discord
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2021
    Most games have a server section of their forums, this would be as good as Discord for something like this.

I know that if I am in game, I am not interested in reading your story - I'm too busy killing you and taking your stuff.

If it's on the forum though - sure, I'll read it when I have a minute.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    I am not interested in reading your story - I'm too busy killing you and taking your stuff.

Hahaha 😈

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    George Black is right. Strangers don't care.

My D&D group and myself can retell the same D&D or game stories from the last 20 years over and over to each other and still like them, so long as people we know are in the story. The second someone outside our core group tells a similar story, we all lose interest because we don't know the people involved.

The only way I have been interested enough in a stranger's game or D&D story is for someone to make a compelling, well done YouTube documentary on the events. Even then those are rare.

If someone made good videos chronicling the events of my server on YouTube, I may watch that. I am not really interested in an in-game written version of my servers' history. If someone had a texted based reference on a website or discord channel, I might use that for reference.

Everything I would want on this subject is already possible out of game.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Write it in a piece of paper mate and post a pic to your discord community channel.

Why waste development resources to produce ingame pieces of paper? Who os going to want to visit your home and look around for pieces of paper into order to get to know your history. Nobody, really.

If you are worth of knowing Ill hear about you on the server. Your actions will get you known, not household visits by complete strangers. Strangers dont care one bit.
    And ye, if the people that are doing to want to hear your stories are known to you just use discord.

Jesus, people are so into themselves that they dont realize that nobody cares and the system wont be utilized by a serious number of people.

How about we focus on classes combat weapons abilities, the balance of value between homegrown raw materials and the gatherable ones etc etc etc. Real gaming systems, ye?

How did you know I wrote this?

Exactly, that is the function that from my point of view is not a waste of development, it is rather an investment to generate a different type of content.

For example, that cities have the option of a newspaper, that there are professions of journalists or something similar and that people in the city are visible thanks to that newspaper that tells the achievements or events of the city.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Noaani wrote: »
    Most games have a server section of their forums, this would be as good as Discord for something like this.

I know that if I am in game, I am not interested in reading your story - I'm too busy killing you and taking your stuff.

If it's on the forum though - sure, I'll read it when I have a minute.

And how can you be busy killing me and taking my stuff if you're already dead by the time you enter my zone? B)
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    George Black is right. Strangers don't care.

My D&D group and myself can retell the same D&D or game stories from the last 20 years over and over to each other and still like them, so long as people we know are in the story. The second someone outside our core group tells a similar story, we all lose interest because we don't know the people involved.

The only way I have been interested enough in a stranger's game or D&D story is for someone to make a compelling, well done YouTube documentary on the events. Even then those are rare.

If someone made good videos chronicling the events of my server on YouTube, I may watch that. I am not really interested in an in-game written version of my servers' history. If someone had a texted based reference on a website or discord channel, I might use that for reference.

Everything I would want on this subject is already possible out of game.

Why should I care if a stranger sees my stuff?

If I do something in my house it would be to have it there, as proof that I achieve something, that's the point, I don't do it for others, I do it for myself.

Now, if someone I appreciate sees my things and they like it, that's fine but that is not the main objective, the main objective is to be clear that I have the ability to archive my memories in my home.

Quite apart, that could possibly generate a lot of extra content.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    In that case, New > Document, Save As ‘Character Bio’.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_page
    A character web page (character sheet) will be available closer to live launch that shows the following:
    What a character looks like.
    Achievements and server firsts.
    Info on a player's class.
    Character's back story via journal entries (that are shared publicly by the player).

"That's part of the character sheet desire for us which hopefully will be accessible in game as well by opening a browser through our UI where you can get back history of a character that that character has input themselves into journal entries that they may choose to share with others... For role play perspective we want people to be in depth with their characters."
    – Steven
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_page
    A character web page (character sheet) will be available closer to live launch that shows the following:
    What a character looks like.
    Achievements and server firsts.
    Info on a player's class.
    Character's back story via journal entries (that are shared publicly by the player).

"That's part of the character sheet desire for us which hopefully will be accessible in game as well by opening a browser through our UI where you can get back history of a character that that character has input themselves into journal entries that they may choose to share with others... For role play perspective we want people to be in depth with their characters."
    – Steven

:O , Thanks for the info :)
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Elviajero wrote: »
    Why should I care if a stranger sees my stuff?

If I do something in my house it would be to have it there, as proof that I achieve something, that's the point, I don't do it for others, I do it for myself.

Now, if someone I appreciate sees my things and they like it, that's fine but that is not the main objective, the main objective is to be clear that I have the ability to archive my memories in my home.

Quite apart, that could possibly generate a lot of extra content.

I guess my main point would be that not all content related to Ashes should be in the game client itself, in my opinion.

The feature you describe sounds like something that would be better suited to be out of game world content.

The upsides here being that the devs don't have to put any work into your ask, and you could build a larger platform for your stories out of game than in game. There are far more people outside the game world than in the game world.

If I had to log into EVE online or 2b2t to hear about the stories that go on in those games, I would never experience the extra story content generated by players. Even when I am playing EVE or 2b2t I am not focusing on other players stories. I am trying to play the game. I might, however, pop over to YouTube on my lunch break and watch a video where someone tells the sort of stories you are talking about.

If you put up videos of your guild's story on YouTube. I might even watch your story some day.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.