Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Adaptive Lore Books?

I had an idea today for some system of library in nodes that houses lore books. But, instead of these lore books being full of prewritten info on the games lore, they adapt over time being filled with a history of events from that server. For example a book may have something like "on this day this node X led by player A declared war on node Y led by player B, the war lasted this long and had this many total deaths". Just general info like that about the server could be retained in a city's library for new players to read up on what's been going on in the server they just joined. It's still a working idea and I have no idea if it's even possible but let me know your thoughts and ideas because I think it could be a really fun way of emphasizing the individuality of each server's progression.

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2021
    I had an idea today for some system of library in nodes that houses lore books. But, instead of these lore books being full of prewritten info on the games lore, they adapt over time being filled with a history of events from that server. For example a book may have something like "on this day this node X led by player A declared war on node Y led by player B, the war lasted this long and had this many total deaths". Just general info like that about the server could be retained in a city's library for new players to read up on what's been going on in the server they just joined. It's still a working idea and I have no idea if it's even possible but let me know your thoughts and ideas because I think it could be a really fun way of emphasizing the individuality of each server's progression.

The history of each server will be tracked and visible to players.[62]

We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in.[62] – Jeffrey Bard

Don't know if it will also exist in the ingame libraries, but... why not, eh?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.