Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild Dungeons! Good idea? No?

Hey, so I’ve been theory crafting as of late, and by no means will this idea If even possible would be released on launch.

Guild Dungeons! Hearing about castle sieges and guilds owning castles. Why not have certain events in which certain dungeons or just one dungeon spawn. Guilds would fight over the dungeon and protect it to get certain buffs and event rewards. Sort of like capture the flag, in which a certain area like the boss room is a capture point. When a guild takes control they get a home field buff and so on.

This is a big stretch of and idea . Let me know what you think, and what to add!

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If a group of people are already going to be engaged in an activity. I don't see the reason to incentivize it further.

Especially when that activity is already so profitable and worthwhile to do.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mrhubbard wrote: »
    Hey, so I’ve been theory crafting as of late, and by no means will this idea If even possible would be released on launch.

Guild Dungeons! Hearing about castle sieges and guilds owning castles. Why not have certain events in which certain dungeons or just one dungeon spawn. Guilds would fight over the dungeon and protect it to get certain buffs and event rewards. Sort of like capture the flag, in which a certain area like the boss room is a capture point. When a guild takes control they get a home field buff and so on.

This is a big stretch of and idea . Let me know what you think, and what to add!

I feel like that's going to happen organically on its own more often than not, and restricting it to one guild would go against the theme of Ashes.

I think it would be cool the other way if they did do anything like that. Make it a part of the prerequisite for getting the scroll or whatever to siege a node or castle, so it's the attacking guild that signs up for any single dungeon.

But still don't see it as needed really, at least not as a focus.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    I think it's a great idea, but one that will already happen naturally thanks to the open dungeons and PvX gamestyle.

A buff to the entrenched guild might be fun, but keep in mind they'll already have the home field advantage once mobs start respawning in their wake, because they will be on the inside, and anyone wanting to reach them will have to fight through the dungeon to do so.