Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Colourblindness Accessibility Suggestion

I suffer from colour blindness and have found I occasionally struggle telling friend from foe based on player nameplates alone, simply because of the colour choices. In some games they have options from which I can choose a type of colourblindness to adjust the colour settings but I've always found they often don't help because of the my particular severity, so I was wondering if you guys would consider allowing the players to select friendly and enemy colours for UI purposes from a colour swatch or a palette, to better allow players like myself more autonomy over this issue. At the very least for the players who aren't visually impaired this could serve as an extra facet of customization.

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This will probably be a thing as Steven has also stated he is red/green color blind.
    While I don't share your challenge I do like to change the colors so I can tell Guildies apart from everyone else at a glance make them a color that stands out orange or something not used.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Might be an idea to have a different symbol as well as a colour? Unflagged = Circle, Corrupted = X, etc.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    That's already a confirmed feature. Here's what's stated in the wiki:

There will be settings to aid colorblind players.[33][34]
    • User interface elements will utilize textures and icons distinguish them, in addition to color.[33]
    volunteer_moderator.gif