Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Please add an Interrupt, Silence and Escape for each class.

Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Interrupt to block physical abilities.

Silence to block magical abilities.

Escape to reverse Crowd Control.

I feel the combat would be much improved with these additions. The tactics would be much better for small and large scale PvP. The strategical aspects would be improved beyond measure for the current combat iteration.

I believe the current combat iteration could still be improved upon. I do love the split-body melee, and, I do love the hybrid nature of the combat.

Some boss mechanics could also be interrupted, silenced or escaped with these abilities added. Of course, some boss mechanics could resist interrupts, silences and escapes. We don't need an extra ability slot for a trinket but we do need a broader range of skill factors.

Thank you for your time,
Neu
2a3b8ichz0pd.gif

Comments

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sounds fun!

Rangers:
    • Interrupt: Recoil - leap backwards and fire a shot/throw weapon at the same time
    • Silence: Obsidian flask - lob a black flask that explodes, absorbing all magic in the area
    • Second Wind (passive): While second wind is available, you have bonus evasion. The first hit of CC you take consumes second wind to nullify it, but you lose this bonus evasion and become vulnerable to further CC until this skill comes off cooldown again.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Not every class should have the same skill set, otherwise you just have retail WoW. Some get the interrupt, some get the silence, some get the escape, but none get all of them. Having a utility belt of skills to deal with every situation at all times makes for boring character building and stale gameplay. It is better to have weaknesses for each class as well as strengths, makes for better gameplay and on-the-fly problem solving when presented with a weakness.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Dolyem wrote: »
    Not every class should have the same skill set, otherwise you just have retail WoW. Some get the interrupt, some get the silence, some get the escape, but none get all of them. Having a utility belt of skills to deal with every situation at all times makes for boring character building and stale gameplay. It is better to have weaknesses for each class as well as strengths, makes for better gameplay and on-the-fly problem solving when presented with a weakness.

What he said! If we wanted every class to have everything we would play wow. Every class must have a role.
  • Dolyem wrote: »
    Not every class should have the same skill set, otherwise you just have retail WoW. Some get the interrupt, some get the silence, some get the escape, but none get all of them. Having a utility belt of skills to deal with every situation at all times makes for boring character building and stale gameplay. It is better to have weaknesses for each class as well as strengths, makes for better gameplay and on-the-fly problem solving when presented with a weakness.

Couldn't have said it better.

I absolutely agree, class and spec (subclass) standardization, uniformization makes for a boring mmo-rpg.

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dolyem has a point,
    but I think if you force players to pick 2 of the three, then you get some interesting variety?
    Even so, it does make the classes more uniform and less distinct.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The balance is 8-person group, so... every archetype does not need all of that.
    Could be that every class has (or most classes have) all of that available via the combo of the active skills plus the 4 Schools of the secondary archetype.
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What is the coorelation between 8v8 and classes not needing these suggestions? Are we going to have a hero system like GW1 where we have the option to always be 8? Breaking news if true.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
    I didn't say 8v8.
    But, since it's balance on the group rather than the individual, the group needs all of those. The individual should not need all of those...especially, each Primary Archetype should not have all of those.
  • I think the only archetype I would be ok with having access to all of these would be the tank. Besides that, probably not...
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think the only archetype I would be ok with having access to all of these would be the tank. Besides that, probably not...

I think Summoner should have access to all of them. If we are going to make one class clearly better than every other class in PvP it should at least be the one who's style is most adjustable. I am completely fine with Ashes devolving into off brand monster rancher. Much less so a boring ass tank v tank grind fest.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • JustVine wrote: »
    I think the only archetype I would be ok with having access to all of these would be the tank. Besides that, probably not...

I think Summoner should have access to all of them. If we are going to make one class clearly better than every other class in PvP it should at least be the one who's style is most adjustable. I am completely fine with Ashes devolving into off brand monster rancher. Much less so a boring ass tank v tank grind fest.

I guess, you have a point. I was thinking more along the lines of the tanks whole "controlling the flow of the battlefield" thing.
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Neurath I agree and disagree with this topic. I agree because combat would be fun when better balanced but I disagree because I want each class to be unique.

I'll meet you in the middle here on this one. I want balance but I also want uniqueness amongst 64 classes. What if each primary archetype was NOT the same but in choosing your secondary, you could obtain exactly what you are looking for? PvP centric secondary classes can easily give your primary that boost you need to silence, stun, escape, or interrupt. On the flip side, going a more pve role would not give you these things and instead could increase your healing, dps, mitigation. If every primary would get access to all things, it would make secondary skills less important imo.
    meh
    Each class comes with 4 Schools of augments. Plus all the Racial, Social Org, Religious and Node augments.
    Plus Weapon Skills.
    If you want most of those for one character, you can probably find some way to do it. It just probably won't be every class or even every Primary Archetype providing all of those.