Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Rescue/Kidnapping missions

MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
When we reach a city level X, the options to have rescue or kidnapping missions can be unlocked.

These will necessarily be linked to a content where two cities have territorial disputes, disagreements, war or in political / economic / territorial competition.
  • The rescue missions will consist of an event where city A will have to rescue an important member / thing / artifact / weapon / etc that has been kidnapped by city B.
  • If the city is rescued, it will earn some buffs and if it loses it will have penalties to its economy / growth / development / morale / etc
  • The kidnapping missions will consist of an event where city B will have to kidnap something important from an enemy city to affect it economically / moral / military / social / political / development / etc.
  • If the kidnapping is maintained over a period of time then city B will win a reward associated with the kidnapped target

This could open options for future content of:
  • Pre-war
  • Economy-war
  • Politics-war
  • Social-war
  • Kidnapping squads
  • FBI / CIA
  • Suicide squads
  • PvE events associated with a kidnap / ransom content (instead of PvP the hijackers could be mobs)
  • etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxM3wstBcD4
EDym4eg.png

Comments

• Options
    Sounds cool. I'm all for creative quests that feel like adventures rather than meaningless work (as a means to an end - i.e to level up)
    signature.png
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited September 2021
    Magic Man wrote: »
    Sounds cool. I'm all for creative quests that feel like adventures rather than meaningless work (as a means to an end - i.e to level up)

FBI OPEN UP!!!
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    ptitoineptitoine Member
    edited September 2021
    Elviajero wrote: »
    The kidnapping missions will consist of an event where city B will have to kidnap something important from an enemy city to affect it economically / moral / military / social / political / development / etc.
    If the kidnapping is maintained over a period of time then city B will win a reward associated with the kidnapped target

I got some Fat Princess vibe over here XD

In case u didnt know what it was. Its a game where u have to rescue your Princess while also giving cake to the princess u stole so she get harder to bring to its respecful castle
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Meh. Don't care for scripted pvp.

How would this not offer a greater benefit to a Military node vs all others?
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

FBI OPEN UP!!!

You're gonna have this guy busting down your door.

5a4341cead12c7.92339796.jpg

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

FBI OPEN UP!!!

You're gonna have this guy busting down your door.

5a4341cead12c7.92339796.jpg

LMAO
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    pyreal wrote: »
    Meh. Don't care for scripted pvp.

How would this not offer a greater benefit to a Military node vs all others?

Because not only did it open pvp content, it could also generate pve content where some mobs kidnap something from the city and that should be rescued
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2021
    Castles, kidnapping, rescuing....sounds like a lot of players named peach, Mario and bowser will be roaming Verra!

I do like the idea though!
  • Options
    Inter-node Capture The Flag!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

That's what I mean, that would be interesting content.
    Although in other MMOs there is similar content, what should be sought to make that content more immersive is that those missions or content have some utility for the city / guild / power scaling / buffs / etc.

That way it would give more meaning to that content and not only would it be the typical BG
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can we not steal from each other's reliquaries?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »

If its religious ones. It will be all mine. All the knowledge of Verra and their dieties will be mine
  • Options

This could even be a guild v guild fight mode intra-node too. Dodge the city guards for extra fun.
  • Options

Is that not just when plundering after a successful siege?
  • Options
    ptitoine wrote: »
    If its religious ones. It will be all mine. All the knowledge of Verra and their dieties will be mine

This is what the Verra gods think of that...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v7q886ju7rxg5lg74vatcmzt82x32hy88ob0u96d&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • Options

Not mine >:)
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    ptitoine wrote: »

This is what the Verra gods think of that...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v7q886ju7rxg5lg74vatcmzt82x32hy88ob0u96d&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Haha I dont think so. Cause im planning to go into a Divine Node and max my Religious order XD High Priestress Class + High Priestress in Religion is a good combo