Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cosmetic pets - How do you want them implemented in Ashes?

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
Would you like to see them do more than just follow you around? Forget about scope creep for a second, and let the imagination fly.
  • Do you want them to have an actual function in the game, like in BDO where they loot corpses for you?
  • Do you want something like the WoW pet battle system?
  • Do you want them to have an extensive set of animations that are more than just following you around?
  • Do you want them to interact with other player's pets?

Seen any cool cosmetic pet systems/functions you would want in Ashes?

What about acquisition of those pets? We know they are in the cosmetic shop. I assume there will be ingame achievable pets too. How do you want to acquire them?
  • Straight up buying from a pet store?
  • Achievement rewards?
  • Quest rewards?
  • Monster drops?
  • Animal husbandry?
  • Taming from the wild?
  • All of the above? :smile:

Comments

• Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited September 2021
    • Do you want them to have an actual function in the game, like in BDO where they loot corpses for you?

They wouldn't be cosmetic pets in that case, would they? So, no "cosmetic pets" shouldn't have a function. That's why they are cosmetic.

I do however support Auto-Loot Pets. Walking up to each corpse and looting it yourself is just a huge hassle, a giant waste of time and shouldn't have existed for any mmo released later than 2008.

Animal Husbandry and Taming from the Wild. Maybe special ones bound to either incredibly long question chains, ultra rare monster drops or hard to obtain achievements.

Pet store is just boring, unnecessary and takes away from the ingame player run economy.
  • Options
    I want mules to auto-loot, not pets. I just want mules to be used a lot for risk/reward purposes.

I personally wouldn't use a cosmetic pet except maybe in a player home.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    For cosmetic pets, the only feature I want is the ability to turn them off.

If it serves no actual function, I don't care about it.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I agree with @Noaani if they are purely cosmetic, I would like the ability to toggle them off, so they don't clutter my screen and cant be targeted.

TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    For cosmetic pets, the only feature I want is the ability to turn them off.

If it serves no actual function, I don't care about it.
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I agree with @Noaani if they are purely cosmetic, I would like the ability to toggle them off, so they don't clutter my screen and cant be targeted.

Yep to these.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/