Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
(Bonus!) Dev Discussion - Level Progression
Glorious Ashes community - it's time for another Dev Discussion! Dev Discussion topics are kind of like a "reverse Q&A" - rather than you asking us questions about Ashes of Creation, we want to ask YOU what your thoughts are.
Our design team has compiled a list of burning questions we'd love to get your feedback on regarding gameplay, your past MMO experiences, and more. Join in on the Dev Discussion and share what makes gaming special to you!
This bonus Dev Discussion comes directly from our Design team based on feedback you all shared during our recent playtest! Thank you again for all the wonderful feedback, suggestions, comments, and questions that arose from the Alpha One test period
Bonus Dev Discussion - Level Progression
Do you like to see a larger variance in progression speed between different leveling activities (ex. questing, grinding mobs), or do you prefer a more homogenized progression across different leveling activities? How do you feel about progression speed generally?
Keep an eye out for our next Dev Discussion topic regarding character inspection!
UPDATE: Greetings friends - thank you all again for taking the time to join in on this bonus Dev Discussion! After putting together a recap for our team, check out some of the top notes you shared with us below:
- The majority of players would like to see a balanced, or perhaps homogenized leveling experience in which there isn’t a ‘best’ way or a way that can be exploited.
- Quite a few players would like to level via their preference. Specifically, many players would like to efficiently level via questing, gathering, exploring, grinding, PvP, or crafting.
- Many players are ok with the leveling experience taking a considerable amount of time - sharing the sentiment that ‘the journey comes before the destination.’
- Some players shared their desire for questing, especially main story quests, to be impactful and meaningful with experience, while side quests encourage exploration or yield unique rewards.
- There are some who would enjoy the main form of leveling to be grouping with players and grinding mobs or completing group-based PvE content.
While many people shared many wonderful ideas, I found this one to be equally disturbing and thought provoking:
A quest should be like they were in everquest, Long and epic and rewarding.
Collecting kobold foreskins for food and water is not a quest.