Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Idea to leveling up/ power up/ skills up , constant content to level up/skills

MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
  • Why do MMO players think that speedruns for the highest level is a challenge?

• Leveling up is about time and not effort anymore?

• Could it be considered that the power up of a character is like leveling up? Doesn't it depend on effort but on time?

When you want to level up a character, what is invested for it is:
  • Time
  • Content offered by the MMO

The effort has been put aside since time supplants what the effort asks for.

Why is effort so important for leveling up / skill / power up?

The effort generates immersion in the content that you dedicate yourself to do.

It is not the same to go from level 1 to 50 doing content generated by the MMO that takes time but that ensures reaching level 50, than a level increase from 1 to 50 where at certain levels the content of the MMO asks you requirements to be able to upload of level.

These requirements could be in different forms, such as:

- map knowledge
-Knowledge of Alchemy
-Creating knowledge
-% of kills
- skills training
-% help other characters
-Exclusive content only to challenge players, if they exceed that content they can level up / skill up / power up
-% of farming
-% of skills improved
-% Lore knowledge
-% of missions completed in a certain time
-% of raid bosses completed in a certain time
- Cities conquered / lost
-% of battles won / lost
-ETC

All these requirements and many more, would be achieving an immersion of the player against the content where not only the player has to invest time to obtain a certain level/skill/power up , but they would need their effort or collective effort to be able to obtain those levels.

Then, an effort content would be generated where the MMO would ask for certain characteristics fulfilled so that the player can obtain the level / ability / power up that they want, and these contents would be a challenge that would require the effort of the player or players, in this way It would generate continuous personal or social content where not only time would decide if you are going to reach the maximum level but the effort and skill you invest in the MMO would determine if you could reach the maximum level.

EDym4eg.png

Comments

• Options
    For real! Level 50 should be an ultra legendary achievement.
    So hard to achieve that you'd see only 10 to 20 lvl50 players per server.
    maxed out players always should be one of the greatest assets a guild could have.
    Since this is a non-p2w game, people won't buy their way to the top rank, unlike other MMORPG

Steven said it would take 45 days, 4 to 6 hours dedicated combat grinding to max. But that should be possible only by consistently going through 90% of the content the game has to offer.

I strongly believe that max should be a hall of fame item. people who are maxed should feel like they've achieved a gold medal in Olympics.

Again, I am not saying that maxing should be a herculean task that almost no one can achieve, but it should be very hard to reach and very rewarding achievement.

In short,
    Maxing should be like "YES! YES! FINALLY, I MADE IT! Gotta celebrate it with my bois!"

Instead of "Yaay, my new maxing speedrun record is 20 hours. Not bad"
  • Options
    Since this is a non-p2w game, people won't buy their way to the top rank, unlike other MMORPG

Sadly even if the game isnt there will always be people doing transaction in the black in MMO sinse its impossible to counter. So even if the game isnt made for that in MMO there always will be a small version of it
  • Options
    OP suggests that to level up, you must qualify in some context that requires you to put in some effort in order to accomplish it. This sounds reasonable, however I do have some comments about that.

First, overcoming challenges usually requires that you spend a lot of time to get better at the thing being challenged. So, in fact, there is an element that you level up based on time spent like OP is saying they do not like. However, I don't think that the time spent should be the only requirement for leveling up, but there should be some sort of challenge like fighting difficult opponents or learning about crafting materials, etc.

Second, most "challenges" can be made trivial by bringing more people. Since this is an MMO, especially one that wants players to be grouped up a lot, this might make some types of content that requires effort to be not difficult. You can quickly learn things from knowledgable players, and defeat tough opponents more easily with a full party. So, in practice, it is difficult to test a player based on effort when there are many people involved.

I like the idea of content being challenging, requiring some effort to accomplish tasks. The more you have to try for something, the more rewarding it is when you accomplish it.
  • Options
    McShave wrote: »
    OP suggests that to level up, you must qualify in some context that requires you to put in some effort in order to accomplish it. This sounds reasonable, however I do have some comments about that.

First, overcoming challenges usually requires that you spend a lot of time to get better at the thing being challenged. So, in fact, there is an element that you level up based on time spent like OP is saying they do not like. However, I don't think that the time spent should be the only requirement for leveling up, but there should be some sort of challenge like fighting difficult opponents or learning about crafting materials, etc.

Second, most "challenges" can be made trivial by bringing more people. Since this is an MMO, especially one that wants players to be grouped up a lot, this might make some types of content that requires effort to be not difficult. You can quickly learn things from knowledgable players, and defeat tough opponents more easily with a full party. So, in practice, it is difficult to test a player based on effort when there are many people involved.

I like the idea of content being challenging, requiring some effort to accomplish tasks. The more you have to try for something, the more rewarding it is when you accomplish it.

Of course, the idea is there, the way it could be worked depends on the people who want to use it.

For example, in my case what I would do is make individual challenges where these are a necessary tool so that you can level up at certain levels.

They could also be group challenges when you want to acquire some skills of a particular race or class, then these challenges should be like rituals for the initiation of the character's "power up" and these challenges would be more or less difficult depending on the level at which they are want to aspire to improve skill
    EDym4eg.png