Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

8 reasons why players should drop their equipment in sieges/battles

2»

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    RAYZZ wrote: »
    Okay. I will say that. I dont want to fully agree, because i can not develop all the consecuences that might happen in fact but i will say that i really want the devs to read this and take this into consideration. Gj! @WalrusMan

Ok
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally, I don`t think there should be any or if xp dept from death during seiges, at a much lower rate than in regular game play.

I do like the idea that players have a nomial item of value by joining a seige and it is up from grabs by an enemy upon death.. that sounds like a great idea.

But I guess it might depend on how the drop pickups are organised/set during siege as I can see front line fighters getting all the rewards, and the support not..

• Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited September 2021
    I really like the idea of this sort of system for sieges. The main reason being it gives actual form to the material/gold cost that you would otherwise just stock up on and use to purchase the rights to the siege. It adds another element for a node's taxes as well.

Now the thing that needs to be addressed is that 3rd parties can also join in these Node battles. No single guild will have control over an entire node. What solutions do you have for this? As far as I can tell this would work better in a guild castle siege and not a node siege, so again I ask, do you have a solution for this?

Edit: Even guild castle sieges seem to allow for alliance members to join so that might also be a complication to this.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    full loot or looting in PvP would be detrimental to this games longevity.
  • Options

Did you read the post? Please do so if you have not. It's not about losing your crap, it's about your guild funding the necessary armaments for a battle beyond just siege gear and consumables.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Sathrago wrote: »

Did you read the post? Please do so if you have not. It's not about losing your crap, it's about your guild funding the necessary armaments for a battle beyond just siege gear and consumables.

It's about more than just that if you go through all the points. But I stand by my perspective. I'm not saying that it is a good idea or a bad idea (or idea's for that matter as it is tangential). Just letting people know that turning it into a looting/dropping equipment PvP during sieges game would cause a lot of problems.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    during sieges, the risk of your node being destroyed and plundered should be more than enough incentive for players to want to engage without rewarding them or punishing them to have to get their items back as an example per se. Additionally to what Steven mentioned in the latest stream, You can still cause problems to that node even if the attackers lose the battle. The buildings you razed would slow that node down by having to rebuild etc. There is a lot of risk vs reward already intended for the node sieges.

As far as guild armaments go, I imagine some guilds would already want people to dress up/transmogrify to a certain look to be recognised on the battle field. Many guilds like to match and represent even down to using the same mounts. It's part of the immersive personal RP side of the game. But that is usually up to the guild for those choices.

Interesting idea's though :smile:
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The number of people beating dead horses despite the fact that op said they closed up shop makes me concerned about animal cruelty in Ashes' animal husbandry industry.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    JustVine wrote: »
    The number of people beating dead horses despite the fact that op said they closed up shop makes me concerned about animal cruelty in Ashes' animal husbandry industry.

Lol... the things that go through peoples minds :smile:
  • Options

Look I'll beat any dead horse that I feel deserves it. YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?
  • Options
    @Sathrago cool signature btw!
  • Options
    @Sathrago cool signature btw!

Thank you, I am quite proud of it even though I am not the one who could create it I at least had the ability to tell them what I wanted XD.
  • Options
    I strongly disagree.

If using your epic gear that you worked a lot to get via PvP rewards of instances isn't an option for a lot of content, then it just de-values the RPG aspect of the game.

I also don't think it would incentivise production by professions that much, or help the economy.
    After not so long, the market would be oversaturated with products that keep changing hands again and again as result of pvp, and their worth would be just very low.
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited September 2021
    Ironhope wrote: »
    I strongly disagree.

If using your epic gear that you worked a lot to get via PvP rewards of instances isn't an option for a lot of content, then it just de-values the RPG aspect of the game.

I also don't think it would incentivise production by professions that much, or help the economy.
    After not so long, the market would be oversaturated with products that keep changing hands again and again as result of pvp, and their worth would be just very low.

Add a destruction mechanic to gear when dropped during these sieges similar to the material loss when killing players or raiding caravans, nodes, castles, etc.

Albion online would be a great example of how this destruction system would work. Basically when a player dies all the gear they are wearing has a chance of straight up breaking permanently. In Ashes you could have this just completely destroy the item as players are literally bursting into flames and ashes on death.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

Just because the OP decided to tuck their tail and run from their own idea, doesnt mean the rest of us cant keep discussing it.

It isnt as if the OP of a thread owns it or anything.

The issue with having guilds give players gear to participate in a siege is that siege participation is not contingent on being in a guild - nor should it be.

This suggestion would completely alter the purpose of sieges in Ashes from content that basically all are free to join in on, on which ever side they please, to content that only players in wealthy guilds can participate in.

It is a terrible idea, and that is why the OP ran.