Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Q&A Question Nodes and open Dungeons

AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Will there be some of the 118 Nodes located underground only accesseble via open dungeons?

Will there be open Dungeons that leads to diffrent areas of the map like under mountains or ocean? leading to new places that also can be accessed by traveling on the surface but the surface route may be harder based on environment or boss creatures along the way?

Regards Asraiel

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2021
    A for effort. But there is a thread for Q&A questions if you want a shot at an answer.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/51135/next-live-stream-q-a-submission-friday-september-24-2021-at-11am-pdt#latest
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I would like to see an underground node, but not inaccessible, or protected by dungeons.

Let there be underground 'open areas' with mobs near the underground node, as well as dungeons, but movement should be free in order for it to develop.

It would make for interesting node siege, since the defenders could stack on the holes leading to the underground node.

(And plz, not full on neon and bio-lumination)
  • Options
    Well the path to the node is a underground open world dungeon as it is a cave with monsters on its path but if other players kill monsters its easy to get thru however if noone did go thru for some time all monsters might be respawned. shure along the way to the node is no boss monster these might be located in a side passage in the dungeon.

if i imaging the node i see it like in the disney movie atlantis a village sourounded by a ring of lava but with more than only 1 passgage leading to it. due to be undergound the progression of that node to level up might be more time consuming since there aint many things to do but not takeing away the possebility of getting to a metropole however vastly unlikely cause surface nodes level up faster.

or a mine of moria kinda node, with a maze path to it
  • Options
    A for effort. But there is a thread for Q&A questions if you want a shot at an answer.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/51135/next-live-stream-q-a-submission-friday-september-24-2021-at-11am-pdt#latest

thx will post the main idea over to the channel
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2021
    I think Dungeons will not be interfering with access to the 103 regular Nodes.
    Definitely, won't impede access to the 15 Castle Nodes.
  • Options
    I feel like most player will fight to get the underground Node XD
  • Options
    yeah and for the node itself i would be best if major is elected over pvp
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    I think Dungeons will not be interfering with access to the 103 regular Nodes.
    Definitely, won't impede access to the 15 Castle Nodes.

jep more on the general nodes

however haveing a castle that is located partly into a cave might be something. i just hope that every of the 15 castles have a uniq apearance and map.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There might be a Dünzenkell Castle in a mountain, sure.
  • Options
    There will be nodes in the Underrealm, but you don't access that through dungeons.

Steven mentioned recently that Metropolis religion nodes might have underground passages to other nodes.