Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Counter Combat System or CCS

AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
The Counter Combat System allows Players to counter, block or parry incoming attacks with abilities and attack skills to counter the effects or negate the dmg.

If a caster attacks another caster with a single target traveling attack, the targeted caster can then reduce the power by countering with a weaker single target traveling attack, negate the attack by countering it with a similar powerful attack of the same power, he also can overpower the incoming attack and backfire it to the first caster.

to better understand let’s use some random numbers:
Caster A attacks with Ball attack (100 dmg) Caster B
if Caster B counters a ball attack intime that is between 80-120 dmg both attacks get negated
if Caster B counters with a Ball attack that is lower than 80 dmg (y-dmg) the incoming Ball will have a force of 100-y dmg
if Caster B counters with a Ball attack that is greater than 120 dmg the Caster A receives the Counterattack dmg -100 dmg.

Melee vs Melee accts the same as Caster vs Caster

if the attacked choose to parry he get 0 dmg and can then use parry triggered skills (ether skill or passive)
if he did block he gets reduced dmg in % by its block stat and use block triggered abilities (ether skill of passive)
if he did evade he simply don’t get dmg but nothing happens

Parry does have a similar effect to countering however the attack only gets negated

Melee vs Caster the overpowering counter results in CC effects
if a melee attacks a caster and the caster counters with a higher attack the melee gets pushed back and stunned
if a caster attacks a melee and the melee counters with a higher attack the caster gets knocked down

this system however only aplies to single target traveling attacks (so if a melee throws a knife for example)

This could be an addition to enlarge the pvp fights especialy 1v1.
Could however also be implemented in PvE however the Mob or boss might problably not counter or only doing so by chance.

However i dont think its something for Ashes, it adds a lot of programming and testing to the system and may be in operateble in sieges. It's more an addition to compare how fights in Fantasy movies or anime are handled, where attacks can be countered with attacks.

Regards
Asraiel

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2021
    This is the future of gaming combat.

So much more important than....
    Hmm. I could write a big list that would trigger casuals and roleplayers.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    jep such a System goes more in a streetfighter battle style, and a big problem is the time gab that is open to act as it is short allredy it would problaby need a more advanced tecnology to read out the actions from players nerval system like some animes use the word deepdive

but a smaller potion could be done with the current technology cause you can allredy display the counter skills if something has started to cast. however that would then trigger the pvp players cause then sneaking on a player and deliver the first blow without him noticing it comming would problaby no longer beeing possible.

but thats wy i also included that it might not be a thing for ashes
  • Options

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4742xprn83e61edrbp89fau9xo80r6jb1nto3ascn9&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    bigepeenbigepeen Member
    edited October 2021

No, we must focus on how dwarves look, character customization, quest complexity, the names of archetypes, hair styles... you know, the stuff that actually matters.

/s
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I mean....
    In Ashes, it's really about how Casters C and D are synergizing to aid Caster B.

Ashes is about synergizing group combat. How the Casters/x are synergizing and how the x/Casters are synergizing?
    It's not really about 1v1 combat.
  • Options
    Asraiel wrote: »
    However i dont think its something for Ashes, it adds a lot of programming and testing to the system and may be in operateble in sieges. It's more an addition to compare how fights in Fantasy movies or anime are handled, where attacks can be countered with attacks.

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    bigepeen wrote: »

No, we must focus on how dwarves look, character customization, quest complexity, the names of archetypes, hair styles... you know, the stuff that actually matters.

/s

Dont put /s
    Join my world and see how fun it is on this side