Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions about corruption and death penality : BoE gear drop and Revenge right

Hi.

First, about BoE gear, if i read the wiki, it's written : "There may be some gear binding (BoE or BoP) but it will be an exception"
I guess those items will probably be high end items for dedicated PVE player that you can't buy just with gold.
Now, my question is : Does those items can drop from a player with a corrupted state ?
If no, that mean, the players holding those items have an valuable advantage over those who are not when in corrupted state.
If yes, that open the door of friendly kill exploitation where you turn your character to an human pina colada to voluntary drop a BoE item.
One way to prevent this is maybe disable completely BoE items once corrupted, but i'm not even sure it's a good idea, because it weight even more the penalty on corrupted players.

My second question is more about a suggestion, revenge right :
Like, you get kill by a corrupted, few hours later, you walk past your murderer. But bounty hunter where quicker than you and your mortal enemy is no longer corrupted. Well, i guess i'm not the only one, but penalty or not, i will make him taste my sword.
It could be nice, if once killed by a corrupted player, it give you a time limited (like 48h) revenge right where you can kill him back without penalty, even if he is no longer corrupted.

The third question is about the ability to use personal storage once corrupted, don't you think that the first thing a corrupted player will try to do is to store all his valuable into his personal storage ? So once killed, he will only have to face Exp Debt, not gear related risk. There should be incentive for him to keep his character at his prime state, for example if he can track bounty hunters and they face similar gear related risks than him.

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Hmm, good question. I say that player bound items should be destroyed if they die while corrupted. Just don't die >:)
    2. If the corrupted player was already punished by the community, you can still PvP him with normal purple combat. If he doesn't fight you back, but you really want revenge still - I think it's your choice to risk corruption.
    3. As far as I'm aware, you are storage/trade-locked while corrupted.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    1. As far as I'm aware, you are storage/trade-locked while corrupted.

Corrupt players will be able to utilize private storage in their Freeholds.[18]
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ravno wrote: »
    1. As far as I'm aware, you are storage/trade-locked while corrupted.

Corrupt players will be able to utilize private storage in their Freeholds.[18]
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

I see.
    In the original quote, the design intention was for corrupted players to have a "getaway" option - which is to run back to their freehold while avoiding danger.
    This does imply that doing killing sprees next to your freehold could be a thing.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2021
    You can use your in house storage while corrupt, but not public storage (bank, warehouse etc). At least, this is the current model.

That will indeed mean some people will fight around their freehold with little consequence. Since this is something that is fairly easy for players to avoid though, it is unlikely to be a huge issue.
  • Options
    What worry me about death penalty is it might be abused by player ganker on people leveling.

Cause I think the death penalty doesnt apply by PvP death but by PvE. So im just worried people will hit player doing leveling but not the killing bloww and let the monster the player were fighting do it for them. To avoid Corruption and such and stack death penalty on players.

I understand the principle but I dont really like it.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    If this becomes an issue, all Intrepid need to do is apply corruption to anyone (or just the most recent player) that attacked a player within 6 seconds of them dying.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    If this becomes an issue, all Intrepid need to do is apply corruption to anyone (or just the most recent player) that attacked a player within 6 seconds of them dying.

Problem solved.

Except it doesnt really solve the fact that the other player will be affected by death Penalty for dying to a monster. Cause he got ganked. My point was mostly that its possible to abuse the system that way
  • Options
    I see.
    In the original quote, the design intention was for corrupted players to have a "getaway" option - which is to run back to their freehold while avoiding danger.
    This does imply that doing killing sprees next to your freehold could be a thing.

It's written on the wiki : "Green players killed by mobs (the mob deals the killing blow) do not flag attacking players as corrupt, but since the exact health of another player is not known (outside of the same party, raid, alliance, or guild), attackers run the risk of killing the player and becoming corrupt.[40]"
    And under health :
    "With regards to seeing another player's health: As you know their name plate will deteriorate or give you an indication of like hey they've taken damage they're significantly injured, but you're not going to get a percentage. You're not gonna get an exact bar value, unless you're in their party or in their raid.[2] – Steven"

I'm not sure that's enough, but at least that's a point taken in consideration.
  • Options
    RavnoRavno Member
    edited September 2021
    ptitoine wrote: »

Problem solved.

Except it doesnt really solve the fact that the other player will be affected by death Penalty for dying to a monster. Cause he got ganked. My point was mostly that its possible to abuse the system that way

Could be wrong, but death penalties for a green player is the same if killed by a monster or a player anyway, right ?

I mean, from what i read here : https://fr.ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_death
    Death penalties depends on the status of the player (non-combatant, combatant or corrupt), not the way, person or people that killed you.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2021
    Nvm
  • Options

Problem solved.

Could be wrong, but death penalties for a green player is the same if killed by a monster or a player anyway, right ?

I dont think if u a green player killed by a Player give death penalty. But dying trough monster give one. So if player force your to die but let the monster(s) u were fighting kill you well your death will be accounted as Monster and therefor will get the death penalty.

Its just that , that worry me about the death penalty thing. Cause I dont think there is a way to counter or for he AI to say it was du to a player death even tough the finishing was a monster
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Problem solved.

I dont think if u a green player killed by a Player give death penalty.

Yes, you gain the same death penalty if killed by a mob or a player.
  • Options

It doesnt make any sense to get Death Penalty cause i got killed by a player as Green Passif Player.
    Its not your fault if a Higher lvl got u killed compared to you who might have pulled to much monster than u can handle
  • Options
    Make sense to me, what the point of a world pvp system if you don't fear death for your character. Yup, wpvp can be unfair, but that's the point of the corruption system.
    I mean, from my point of view, even the whole corruption system is overkill. If you start a killing spree, the thing you should fear is not to be corrupted, but that you're name will be know on the server, you will have a bunch of people who will track you bounty or not and your action can have consequences for way longer than a debuff.
  • Options

It doesnt make any sense to get Death Penalty cause i got killed by a player as Green Passif Player.
    Its not your fault if a Higher lvl got u killed compared to you who might have pulled to much monster than u can handle

It does make sense.

You should take steps to ensure that you do not die. There being a death penalty is the driving factor for that. If there is no death penalty for being killed in PvP, there is no concern about PvP, no need to factor it in to what you are doing.

Being killed as a green player in PvP, is such a cornerstone aspect of the risk vs reward structure in Ashes that other death penalties (dying as a combatant, dying while corrupt) are essentially based off of the penalty of being killed while green.