Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Blacksmith/weaponsmith suggestion.

I played a game where there wasn't any way of crafting weapons/armor, all gear in game came from drops. The drop system is as followed

Ornate +71-100%
Legendary +40-70%
Famed +21-30%
Superior +10-20%
Regular 0% (Base)

So let's say the base weapon has 100 magic (because easy maths) and you kill x mob for the drop and it has 156 magic that makes the weapon a %156 which puts it in the legendary tier.

You can implement that over multiple systems like weapons, armors, jewels, ships, seige weapons, possibly mounts?

As you level up your artisan skill the chance of creating a superior, famed, legendary or ornate version of that item increases.

So instead of ever every iron sword have 10 attack there is now a range from 10-20 or and end game dragon staff having 1000 magic there is a range from 1000-2000 but because of this system instead of the base being 1000 the base would be 600 with a range of 600-1200 magic. Because the higher % would be much rarer.

Comments

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey man, this systems sounds too simplistic for me.
    I'd prefer a full crafting AND enhancing system :)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • This just goes on top of the regular crafting system, your crafted items just won't all be "regular" has an added layer of rng
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2021
    Oh I see what you're saying, this is kindof already planned to be in the game (see here)

but they're looking at Legendary = ~12% increase in base stats

Btw, I don't think they've started focused work on the enhancing/crafting system yet.
    There will probably be a dev discussion about this topic and you can write everything you want there when it happens :)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • I had no idea, @maouw thanks