Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha 2 expected release date

Hello community!

Since we see the release of New World, and the World is not that New or even... worth it. I wonder when we all be able to join Verra in this Alpha 2.

So just to make time pass, you could share your opinions!

Thanks! :hushed:

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We don't even have a Lead Designer on the horizon.
    July 2022??
  • I feel the same. Late 2022 sounds the date for me.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yo,

imo, it's going to be a minimum of 6 months (I realistically expect more than a year before alpha2) because they're still processing all the data from A1 (as far as I know) and tearing things down.
    Teams are back on the drawingboard pitching ideas which means those ideas will have to go through the entire design->build->test pipelines. Furthermore, the Ashes team is still in the middle of growing, and even if you only look at class design and ignore everything else that needs to be designed, there's a LOT that needs to be done before a2.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do we even know if they have an actual dedicated Systems Dev yet?
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • JustVine wrote: »

Sorry for my ignorance, whats a dedicated Systems Dev? Thanks!
  • At least one year difference between A 1 and A2, most likely A2 will arrive in the 4th quarter of 2022, being optimistic.

EDym4eg.png
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    RAYZZ wrote: »
    JustVine wrote: »

Sorry for my ignorance, whats a dedicated Systems Dev? Thanks!

A 'system' relative to mmo development is the underlying logical and game systems that interact with each other. You need to figure out what combat looks like and why it doesn't have x y or z features? That's the work of a systems dev working things out with the combat dev. You need specific numbers for how much money a farmer vs a fisher can make per hour due to risk differences and underlying costs in taking the action? That's the work of a systems dev.

A dedicated Lead Systems Dev in game development is the sort of person who would work with the Lead Combat Dev to hammer out the real decisions about CC, combat animation specifics, underlying decision making required in high level combat, class choices relative to those basic combat elements etc, to make the combat system be fleshed out and workable without just 'guess work'. They are also basically entirely in charge of crafting the economy and how the node system really needs to work to be successful. The Lead Systems Dev is usually in charge of telling the Lead Developer why they can't/shouldn't do things and what the results of the directions they want to take designs in the game might be on all the other systems in the game.

I know I rambled so hopefully that makes sense and translates well for you. I'd make a stronger effort to make it more esl friendly but my coffee buff has long sense worn off. Happy to answer any clarifying questions you may have though.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • My guess is we see some closed testing early next year and then hopefully open testing in late fall