Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Class / archtype competitions: Bard example

KesthelyKesthely Member
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
Each class is unique, but each primary archtype has something in common. and competing with or against eachother can take on many forms.

So i'm going to flesh out one possible competition. A bard's concert.
Starting at Town size, the major of a scientific node can opt to create a concert hall. in it bards and other music lovers can get certain quests, like obtain / craft musical instruments, or the resources to create them, slot in for performance, and get access to the stage area so they can do there singing / dancing / storytelling (insert idea that you want to perform on stage) and afterwards the audiance can vote if they liked the performance or not. The hall can even be hired for aspiring majors to broadcast their ideas for the town going forward, so people can vote if they like that or not, and thus create a more opaque way to vote for the major (hence this is a scientific node only building)

And then to the topic, once per month there will be a bards competition, where all that subscribe to it will be given a stage, and the one afterwards that gets the most votes for their performance wins the competition, and gets a honorary title (eg Town minstrel) potentially even with some benefit, like buffs being 10% more effective when the town node is under attack. Only bards may participate (so either primary or secondary archtype needs to be bard) (But this might be a reason to temporarily try the bard archtype for your class)

What kind of class competition would you like? and what kind of node and at what node stage should this be unlocked?

Comments

• Options
    Although I'm going to be playing a Bard, I just don't like the idea of restricting things like this to a particular archetype. I don't recall other content being restricted to the other archetypes.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    There are going to be class quests, node quests that you can only do as a citizen, crafting quests that you can only do with certain professions and most likely some will be at a minimum skill, there are unique things to do for mayors and people with other titles.

And since you are locking it behind one part of an archtype, if you want to partake in it, the "only" thing you need to do is switch your secondary archtype to that specific class for the duration of the event.

That is not restricting things. However its also not something that every casual player can attent or wants to atted. Its like playing in the higher echelons of pvp, or doing certain hard raids. Not everyone will be able to do it. And thats fine.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think this would work much better if they only develop a "ticketing" system that allows the community to organize and host events with the ability to manage guest lists.

I feel awkward about game-scripted concerts... when it's pushed by the system, it loses momentum with the community. Community events need to be community driven.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Once a month events, are usually verry popular in mmo's. You have to remember that this is also only available in scientific nodes, Although other cities could have similar features and buildings for other classes. There are 4 node types and 8 archtypes. 2 of those buildings per city. IF there developed by the major.

So you have multiple tresholds, The node needs to be of the correct type. It needs to be of the correct level, and the major needs to launch the project, and then finish it. Also the node needs to stay protected.

Only the most wealthy nodes and best protected ones would go for a building like this. So there might not even be one of these buildings on each server.

But i think that buildings that give special quests for certain classes, be it adventuring or artisan classes should be present.

Also Note that i haven't specified that the bards need to be citizens of that node. Imagine that an guild waits till the event takes place, then sends in a few of their bards to try to steal the title and bonused buff. That way the city not only has no bonused bard to defend with, but even a bonused bard to fight against.

And this is just an example for a bard, you could have a building for each archtype