Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Class / Archtype competitions: Summoner Example

KesthelyKesthely Member
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
One summons animals, the other elementals, the other undead and one celestials These are just a few of the options that summoners have. And in those options there are tank dps and support variants as well. But who is the strongest summoner? Who will have the strongest pet. Lets settle this in The Coliseum!

Starting at Town size, any militaristic node can upgrade their arena to a Coliseum.
The upgraded building gives additional quests to gather animals and food for the animals to be used in the matches. Potentially you can sponsor a champion for the arena and win rewards and prestige.

Next to the gladiatoral fights that determine who will be come the mayor, there is an monthly summoners gladiatoral fight. Summoners of any archtype can participate with one of their summons. The fight is a random choice between Free for all, group vs group combat, or individual matches. The winner of the match will have their summon implemented in the arena's list of avatars that you can choose from for the Mayor elections. So each town will have after a few months a unique selections of avatars to use in the mayoral elections.

The summoner itself Gains additional a title , and during any node siege that month, Additional npc guards will defend the node that take on the appearance and abilities of the summon that won the competition

Comments

• On the Wiki it says that Summoner can Have either multiples summons or even 1 stronger. Im guessing a middle ground would also be possible (Like 2 averages one)

Also that they can have Roles (Dps/Tank/Healer)

So im really curious about how people will most play them. And also it can give so much play style which is really nice.

Im waiting for the Alpha 2 to decide if im going Cleric/Cleric or Cleric/Summons.

But in a Duel agains 2 summoner I don't know. I think maybe 2 Average pets(1 dps/1tank) or 3 Average Pets (1tank/ 2 dps) Might be the best combo. Like the tank pet can control the aggro from the ennemi pets while the dps focus the caster. So im guessing it might be a fight of the best tank Pet after
  • Honestly
    How this will work is a huge? Since we don't really know how a summoner will handle. You have a couple of scraps of information that @ptitoine pointed out
    But we haven't actually seen one yet so who knows

@Azherae made a post about thoughts on the summoner a while ago

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/50101/summoner-desire-compilation-and-analysis-conversion#latest
  • How the summoner actually would work would be irrelevant to the contest. As long as they can summon different creatures there will be different winners in different scenarios. And people would still be intrested in testing out new pet builds to have the best pet
  • Kesthely wrote: »
    How the summoner actually would work would be irrelevant to the contest.

How can you make a contest if you dont even know how they work.
  • KesthelyKesthely Member
    edited October 2021
    Because the summoner implies you summon, what little we do know is that there going to be able to summon creatures, as well as that the'll last untill their replaced or die. The creatures are pitted against eachother. So irrelevant of how the summoning works, what abilities they have, how many or how few, if they can heal their summons, or buff them, the fact that the'll have a summon, is enough.
  • @Kesthely I think the confusion is that not everyone understands what you’re trying to do. Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re doing something like an RP story. Just explaining the potential events that summoners could do.

I think some of these folks took it literal when you asked “Who will be the strongest summoner?!”
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Kesthely wrote: »
    Because the summoner implies you summon, what little we do know is that there going to be able to summon creatures, as well as that the'll last untill their replaced or die.

Actually the 'replaced' part hasn't been confirmed as far as I know. Do you have a source for that? I would love to be wrong, but Steven has dodged all attempts to answer this part to my knowledge and frustration.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • Its right on the ashes Wiki:

Summons will exist until another summon is cast, the summon is killed, or the summoner logs off.[7]

Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:41:46).
    I've finetuned the resource to your specific question

https://youtu.be/KtVUiS7yAHE?t=6254

• Kalv1441 wrote: »
    @Kesthely I think the confusion is that not everyone understands what you’re trying to do. Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re doing something like an RP story. Just explaining the potential events that summoners could do.

I think some of these folks took it literal when you asked “Who will be the strongest summoner?!”

Yes if anyone had that assumption my apologies. The strongest summoner here refers to that particular event. Not overall strength of each summoner, although these events could lead to finetuning over or underperforming summons.

• Kesthely wrote: »
    Kalv1441 wrote: »
    @Kesthely I think the confusion is that not everyone understands what you’re trying to do. Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re doing something like an RP story. Just explaining the potential events that summoners could do.

Yes if anyone had that assumption my apologies. The strongest summoner here refers to that particular event. Not overall strength of each summoner, although these events could lead to finetuning over or underperforming summons.

I get the premise, it's Pokemon battle arena. But we don't know how some of the summoners will work so not every summoner will be able to take part. Maybe the necromancer summoned monsters are more swarm, and gets a squad of skeletons. Whereas the spellmancer can summon beefy ferry elementals... A single skeleton isn't going to line up well for that.

I'm all for summoners being able to have a pet battle tournament, but until we know more about how they work, I'm not sure how well that system you built would work.
  • That is why there is random choice between the matches, a necromancer should do extremely well in team matchups where he can bring a lot of his minions, or free for all, but would be hard to win in 1vs1. Since its random you never know what match type you get, and i hope each summoner will thus have a chance to win in one of the match rules
  • If I do play a summoner it will definitely be a Brood Warden. For reason I’m Imagining a heavy armoured insectoid type creature which for the record I think would do quite well in the Arena Tournament 💪