Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If you could ask Steven anything about AoC, what would you ask?

Comments

• Options
    back story: I enjoy audio books. How many lore books/novels will we be able to buy on audible? :o
  • Options
    Hey Steven, when is Alpha 2 ;) hehe

Cheers!
  • Options
    In AoC we will have distinct classes, and roles. That each class only can fulfill one role I think is a vital part of the design that will be a key factor in promoting social interaction.

How specialized will the classes be? Will a tank for example only be able to tank or will you dilute the role concept so that every class can do a little of everything for convenience? How will the leveling experience differ for different classes/roles? How will you balance that? Will you be able to level solo at all?

In addition to tank, healer and dps - will there be a support role (or other role) with significant impact on the core game play? Or will the game be limited to the trinity and other roles/special class abilities are just some extra flavor? Of what is currently presented, will you need to bring a bard for the hard content for example?

• Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Steven, cake or pie?

This is a serious debate in my house.

Why would you have to choose? The correct answer is both. You make an item that has the attributes of both a cake and a pie. Have we not learned anything from Captain Kirk? When facing the Kobayoshi Maru you cheat. A pie is a dish with a pastry dough that has fruit or sweet filling. A cake flour, eggs, and sugar mixed together. So, make an item with your favorite fruit blended with flour and sugar in a pastry crust.

n-CHERPUMPLE-large640.jpg
  • Options
    I sensed a disturbance in the Force when you posted that…
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    BoanergeseBoanergese Member
    edited January 2022
    @CROW3 Wouldn't that also be a good dungeon boss to fight? The cake/pie glob monster. Look how intimidating it is? It just absorbs your attacks and grows in size.

• Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would ask, "what is your current estimate of the game`s launch date?"
  • Options
    Boanergese wrote: »

To be honest, I'd still go for the pie over that.

By the way, +20,000 points for mentioning the great Kirk. +100,000 extra if you meant Shatner.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Does anyone know what the bottom layer is?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited January 2022
    maouw wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the bottom layer is?

Toffee Apple?

edit* Oh, no, that's dropped down from the middle one
  • Options
    CadacCadac Member
    edited January 2022
    The bottom layer is a slice of swiss cheese hiding a vitamin+fiber nugat. It's the part you sneak to the dog. (pure speculation)

Steven, are the seas salty, or is it just those who get rekd there?
  • Options
    Steven, do you put the toilet paper roll so it spins from the top? or from the bottom?

lol - Also, will you be allowing us to purchase the purple awesome bird thingy again? I totally missed that one and I want it so bad. Thanks!

Bring the Hype back for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need AoC!! Happy New Year!

-Charles aka sYnFury
  • Options
    sYnFury wrote: »
    will you be allowing us to purchase the purple awesome bird thingy again? I totally missed that one and I want it so bad. Thanks!

The terror bird? It was a beautiful bird. And was definitely a terror.

And no, once they're out of the store, they're gone for good. RIP what would have been my pretty little velociraptor :(
  • Options
    So if we remove all the debate about cake and pie we have what.. 3 or 4 questions? Its really annoying to read thru 3 sides of garbage.stop all the spam.

Get a chat room.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited January 2022
    Olli1992 wrote: »
    So if we remove all the debate about cake and pie we have what.. 3 or 4 questions? Its really annoying to read thru 3 sides of garbage.stop all the spam.

Get a chat room.

Well… now that we’re all looking at you - what’s YOUR important question?

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    It's cherry pie, apple pie, and pumpkin pie baked into a yellow cake. Here is the original article that I got the picture from.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cherpumple-cake-pie-recipe_n_5485021
  • Options
    @daveywavey Yes, I was referencing William Shatner with that Star Trek reference. Although the retcon of the movies wasn't bad with the new Kirk.
  • Options

Get a chat room.

You should be happy I brought a two-month-old post back to the forefront.

JulieGrace_Immink_SPAM_11-1920x998.jpeg
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Food necromancy...

is this new magic?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Baldurs Gate 2 or Fallout 2 ?
  • Options

Get a chat room.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I'd want to know the names and avatars of all the gods. At least The Seven, if he wants to keep The Others a secret.

I read "The Seven" as "The Steven" and now I can't un-mesh the two concepts.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    Hello Steven! Will we be able to play music, and will there be musical instruments?

(Let's say a certain musician is also wanting to play as a musician in-game?)
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    Out of all the Pen and Paper games, which one is your favourite and which edition? (Not homebrew rules or world) And why?
  • Options
    MoowellMoowell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I remember that Ashes of Creation was based on a Pathfinder campaign. Will there be any systems that are similar to those found in Pathfinder/D&D, or are they primarily going to be MMO systems with the story that was created from the campaign? Also, which MMOs are you drawing inspiration from when developing your systems? I'd love to give them a try to see how Ashes might play out.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is the internal road map for the game's release? :D

I can keep a secret.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    What kind of benefits will we receive from food buffs? What kind of potions will be in the game and what benefit will they provide? What kind of gems will be in the game and what benefits will we receive from the jewelry armor slots?

Lastly, and most importantly:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl7_4O0tlvW39XPtHSntm_D5T0yv-TN_fd8A&usqp=CAU
  • Options
    I would love an in depth example of a crafting process from gathering the resource all the way to the final product.

examples being will gathering be using in game mechanics, such as will there be skills involved (FFXIV for example) or is it just a right click and pray? Is there some form of excavation skill to locate minerals ect, to Processing those resources into Lumber or Ingots. is this done by just selecting smelt iron ingots or is there a process in order to make sure you get the right heat or cut a straight line. And finally to Crafting the finished product. Like the previous 2 is this going to be a Single select the item and press the craft button, or do we get some customization.

Crafting is going to be a MAJOR part of this game so I'm going into this with high expectations on the crafting side of things. There are games out there that have done crafting justice and those that have buried it due to it not being fun or worth it. Even if this part of the game hasn't been implemented yet. I would love to hear Steven's vision of what he expects to see.
  • Options
    BoanergeseBoanergese Member
    edited January 2022
    Hot fudge or Caramel?

t-mcdonalds-Hot-Caramel-Sundae.jpg

t-mcdonalds-Hot-Fudge-Sundae.jpg
  • Options
    Steven,

Why are Mages and Clerics simply spammer's, I would like more of a caster vibe with other strengths.