Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

New player with im Assuming noob questions

Hello! So I just want to say I discovered this game a bit later than most, and I just purchased the $375 option after seeing the video and reading some of the chats going on here, because of the belief that this game will be truly amazing.

Just a couple questions, which although nervous about asking, didnt see anything on them.

The first being, is there a schedule on when Alpha 2 will release? I saw the purchase but didnt receive a code or anything to redeem it with?

With characters were making right now (or more when Im able to get into the game) I know were receiving the cosmetics which I assume will be account bound, but will things we earn ingame or our characters be transferred over to the main game upon completion?

Again sorry if these have been answered and I've just missed them

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    There is no announced time frame for alpha 2 as yet.

All cosmetics are for the live game, and may not be available at all for alpha or beta.
  • Options
    Thank you Noaani!
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hey, Welcome aboard @Aeturnes !

There is no news on A2 scheduling because it's only been a little over a month since the basic systems tests of A1 happened. Given that all that feedback had to be collated, some of those basic systems would be broken down and rebuilt, and then there are so many other base systems that need to be pitched->designed->coded->tested->againagain, I wouldn't expect A2 news until 2022 at the minimum (there are too many influencing factors to be able to estimate this)
    Ashes publishes updates on their website, but I find that the wiki helps put all the dates in one place:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule

That's why there's nothing to redeem yet, at the moment we're all pitching in feedback based on what we see in the development streams, QnAs, etc.

All testing phases will be wiped at game release - so any cosmetics you earn in testing probably won't carry over, but purchased cosmetics are bound to your account and can be used across your alts. (see here)

Does that answer your questions?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    @maouw
    That does! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    @Aeturnes Welcome Bro :)
    Any other info you need enters the discord of AoC, there are moderators who can solve more doubts you have.

Also if you have some ideas about your experiences in MMOs say them here in the forum, discord, etc. The community is always hungry for improvement.

Greetings :)
    EDym4eg.png