Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ability type I'd really like to see

While I am a pyromancer/fire mage lover in most games I really feel like fire can be brought to a whole new level in ashes, I'm talking about different colors with new effects to go along with them. On the top of my list would be black fire spells, Imagine a fire caster but with a completely new aspect of destruction power, corrupted flames. I imagine a black fire with hints of scarlet mixed into the flames being wielded by a very powerful mage. I hope many people agree and would love to see something like this in game but either way the game is looking great and it looks better and better each time they live stream.

Comments

• Options
    joint summoning skills.

it takes 5 fire mages to summon a fire demon ( dinozord)
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    getpatxi wrote: »
    joint summoning skills.

Summoners can summon a Siege Golem when 8 Summoners are grouped. I don't believe this has changed mate. Not sure what 8 Mages could create though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »
    joint summoning skills.

Summoners can summon a Siege Golem when 8 Summoners are grouped. I don't believe this has changed mate. Not sure what 8 Mages could create though.

I wonder if they'd get sued for it being a giant meteor by SE, since that's the most logical thing. Safer to go with a teleportal of some kind but that is so much harder to properly balance, whereas the giant meteor is perfectly fine tuneable, impactful, very thematic and in line with 'why people play the class' and always looks cool.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    I have not seen any video with those skills

Could you put me a link if there is one?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There isn't a video for summoners yet, I took the notes from the wiki https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner

Tanks in a group of 8 could combine their walls to make a giant wall but I haven't seen the wall in recent tests because I didn't use the Tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2hYG0UAbwg has a lot of siege effects in it. You might be able to see some of the monumental effects but its from 2018.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

Im not sure if you are refering to me or the gents that also talked about summoner (which I find that concept to be very interesting) but it you are referring to me, there is no video with blackflame skills it was merely an idea I thought of that I'd find to add a lot to the game plus it would look amazing.
  • Options

Im not sure if you are refering to me or the gents that also talked about summoner (which I find that concept to be very interesting) but it you are referring to me, there is no video with blackflame skills it was merely an idea I thought of that I'd find to add a lot to the game plus it would look amazing.

nvm im stupid lol
  • Options
    While I am a pyromancer/fire mage lover in most games I really feel like fire can be brought to a whole new level in ashes, I'm talking about different colors with new effects to go along with them. On the top of my list would be black fire spells, Imagine a fire caster but with a completely new aspect of destruction power, corrupted flames. I imagine a black fire with hints of scarlet mixed into the flames being wielded by a very powerful mage. I hope many people agree and would love to see something like this in game but either way the game is looking great and it looks better and better each time they live stream.

Maybe an acolyte (mage/cleric) build using some death augments. Could get some animations of death touched fire for spells.
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There is this awesome ability, pretty much in RS3 and in Age of Conan where while dual wielding, you flurry the 2 weapons around you. In Age of Conan it's an animation used by Barbarians in final ranks of their filler ability. Cyclone of Steel if I remember correctly?