Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Custom marker on map

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
How do you feel about mmos that allow you to place a custom marker on the map, which enables you to blindly head towards that direction, many times skipping all short leashed, slow mobs?

Comments

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    like a beacon system?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • maouw wrote: »
    like a beacon system?

The way he said it, "skipping slow mobs", probably means auto-pathing. I can't remember the last time I played a game with auto-pathing, but they usually weren't good games.

It's not something good, because if you need to travel 2 hours to get somewhere far away, I hope you can't one-click it. However, I do expect Ashes to have auto run so I don't need to make a macro to "hold W".
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Marker on the map is ok, but i don't want to be staring at my mini map to guide my way to the marker. And having a big arrow on screen would be a big no.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    McShave wrote: »
    Marker on the map is ok, but i don't want to be staring at my mini map to guide my way to the marker. And having a big arrow on screen would be a big no.

You will if you van set a custom mark.
  • I like being able to set custom markers. But as for following them, maybe ashes will do something like that compass ring NW uses instead of an arrow?

We really don't have any idea what the UI will be yet. Stephen has said everything so far is just placeholder.