Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dungeons/raids with multiple possible spawning locations

IronhopeIronhope Member
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
Okay so I don't know if this has been announced or discussed here already and I apologize if this is the case but I think it would be really cool if the same dungeon had multiple spaces where it could spawn.

For example, have numerous tunnels, islands, sea bottom areas, etc where the same dungeon, both in the case of open world ones and instances ones, could spawn.

I think that would be great because it would give players a constant need to explore and would require an extra level of coordination for groups wanting to complete those dungeons.

It wouldn't come to feel as the ''same old same old'' as soon for players.

It would be really cool to see guilds sending out ''scouting parties'' across the world in advance of the raid.
Scouting parties of different rival guilds meeting and fighting.
People selling info of dungeon locations (map making mechanic coming into play here to prove you actually found the dungeon/raid?)

Also, what if a certain dungeon/raid could only spawn X times every week/month so there would be a competition between player groups to find them and complete them asap and each time its completed it spawns in some other area.

What do you guys think about this suggestion?

Would you like it? Hate it?

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I do like it when a mirage spawns randomly in deserts.

Motivating exploration is hard. Multiple spawn points usually just means players create an "optimal path" to search all spawn locations and it becomes a routine, not really an exploration thing.

If you want players to explore for the sake of exploration, the mechanic needs to be tied to "nobody has been here for a long time" - or phrased negatively: the more people who visit an area, the less interesting it becomes.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    If you want players to explore for the sake of exploration, the mechanic needs to be tied to "nobody has been here for a long time" - or phrased negatively: the more people who visit an area, the less interesting it becomes.

Well yeah my suggestion is to have the possible spawn points spread out over vast distances.

Either way, I think it would be somewhat of a fun habit, leading to world pvp, players going out together to explore, etc

• Options
    SneakzSneakz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like it, i think it would stop guilds camping a boss as it could spawn in a different location. They may still camp all locations but be more spread out giving other guilds a chance
  • Options
    Once a dungeon spawns (when node levels up), it is where it is. We won't know exactly where it spawns until it shows up. With each server having different node developments, it would be difficult to predict where it will be.

Dungeons will be big community hubs. Especially for dungeons in higher level nodes, you will have players from all level ranges come by since with every node level up, a new floor is unlocked and more content for higher level players. But everyone will have to come through the entrance, so camping it with intent on killing parties will be difficult.

If you are going to a dungeon in a populated node, a guild camping the entrance will be kind of pointless because there will be another guild or group of people that will come clear them out. For a smaller node, the camping might be a concern. But hopefully there will be enough options so that you can go to another nearby node.