Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Animal Husbandry

edited October 2021 in General Discussion
I noticed a vast diversity of interesting animals and creatures in this world (Verra), and at first I did not know what to make of it. But as I kept watching the videos every month, I began to see life in these creations, and I think that their existence and additions periodically will breathe life and beauty into Verra instead of detract from it. I was curious what the community thinks of this aspect.

I have a rainrock fawn and to keep it company I bought her a sootshell snail as a companion. :p

Comments

• Options
    The cat bear thing, as well as the snail horse, they showed of a month or 2 ago gave me the impression that the animal husbandry will be impressive in this game. I am looking forward to the variety of animals that can be tamed and ceated.
  • Options
    I noticed in the last dev update color change i was under the impresion you could mix lett say a bear and a cat in breeding to get veriations.

Am i wrong?
  • Options
    eagle + lion = glyph
    glyph + butterfly = what they taught
  • Options
    getpatxi wrote: »
    eagle + lion = glyph

Ok so you can "mix and match" animals to lets say get a lizard rabbit "Lizbit" with scales and fury ears 🤣? That jumps and eats rabbits for food 🤣.
  • Options
    Blip wrote: »
    getpatxi wrote: »
    eagle + lion = glyph

Ok so you can "mix and match" animals to lets say get a lizard rabbit "Lizbit" with scales and fury ears 🤣? That jumps and eats rabbits for food 🤣.

Thats the idea. As far as we know you will be able to mix all animals and create really weird creations, and the different animals come with different stats for different purposes, so it's not just an aesthetics thing.

We already have:

cat + bear = catbear
    snail + horse = snorse

I probably won't be an animal husbander cause theres just too many things to do in this game, but it will be fun to see all the combinations and combinations of combinations.
  • Options
    While I was excited seeing the animal husbandry info on the latest livestream, it made me worry that the game might have too wide a scope to ever be released. I really hope I'm wrong, though.
  • Options
    While I was excited seeing the animal husbandry info on the latest livestream, it made me worry that the game might have too wide a scope to ever be released. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

I think it will release but maybe not with all the systems as we think. Or atleast maybe some in there base state.

I have no reason to doubt Intrepid yet so am hopefull. It all be there at launche
  • Options
    to keep animal husbandry relevant do they plan to make it so there is a sing for mounts, as in them dying for example