Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should there be themed INNs/ Pubs?

I know we will see places with art décor of the different races, that isn't what I am talking about, or just skins to be added.

Let me explain myself here:

When I say theme, I mean simply this. When you enter a players freehold, that is setup to be an INN/ Pub. You can and should see and interact with the following.

1. Undead setting, old and broken furniture, undead barkeep and bar maids, and a touch of the Adams family look.
2. Pirates hold, just like it sounds, it should be all about pirates.
3. Classic medieval setting, your common pub
4. Hunters theme, it's all about the animals, from the tables and chairs, there is a part of some animal in the makeup.
Those of some examples, I am sure others can think up more.
Also, going along with the different themes, you need a few sound effects to add to the mood of the place. Maybe even mix and match the sounds with he different themes to add to the local lore of your place.

Example being, you have a ghostly female singing in the back ground of your classic pub, and you can say its someone that singing about a lost love , and they haunted your place.

or

PC Pirates keep starting fights in the back of the hunters place, or undead keep invading the pirates pub. You get what I mean. Or just keep it as is. Point is, I believe a themed out INN/ PUB will only add to the roleplay of the game, and give players more tools to have fun with. Sure, I know more import things are on the table, so this is more like a wish list item. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I would think players running an Inn or pub would theme it in a way they want to theme it.

I don't see why the developers should get involved in that other than to give players the furniture and such that is needed.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    I would think players running an Inn or pub would theme it in a way they want to theme it.

I don't see why the developers should get involved in that other than to give players the furniture and such that is needed.

Mainly just adding more tools to be used in the making of your place. We are limited to what they give us after all.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The various skins being offered is one step towards the customization. If we have variety in the types of furniture we can build, that is another.

But when choosing our race for the pub owner, the dominant race of the node, the location of your freehold and other choices yet to be revealed to us, I expect that different pubs will certainly have themed personalities.

It is also likely that the cooking profession will give us different meals to serve, perhaps unique ones if you discover the right recipie, which will interact with the quality of the ingredients to provide differing buffs at different pubs. For example, a master chef who has a pub in concert with a master gardener located near the entrance to an undead cavern might create a recipe for unicorn stew which gives a really relevant buff. If they also have a holy shrine on their freehold, everyone going into the cavern will want to stop bye and buy bites and blessings....