Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Multi monitor support

I believe that it is not that uncommon to have multiple monitors connected to ones gaming PC. I think it would be great if it was possible to move selected UI elements off to the secondary monitor.

I would have it setup with no UI at all (just the game world) on the main monitor at all and have map, inventory, abilities, health/mana bars,
guild tools, different chat channels etc. on the secondary monitor.

What do you think?
-Karp
-Karp

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yeah, this would be great imo.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sure, the more options the merrier.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nerror wrote: »

Sure, but will it happen?
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I don't know.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack

I don't know.

I think I do.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If they are not going to allow us to mod the GUI manually via LUA or something, then they need to allow for robust GUI options.

They already stated that everything would be moveable and scalable.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface

At a minimum, the GUI should be as customizable as FFXIV without macros. Anything less is a failure IMO.

I would hope moveable and scalable includes other monitors, but I just can't give you a good answer.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    If they are not going to allow us to mod the GUI manually via LUA or something, then they need to allow for robust GUI options.

They already stated that everything would be moveable and scalable.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface

At a minimum, the GUI should be as customizable as FFXIV without macros. Anything less is a failure IMO.

I would hope moveable and scalable includes other monitors, but I just can't give you a good answer.

That and let us use out own UI skins.
  • Options
    Conrad wrote: »
    That and let us use out own UI skins.

"Resizing, moving, recoloring and different UI flavors will be offered to players"

Is the main quote from my link. As long as I can get a proper dark mode, I am happy.

It would be nice if they let us at least mod the UI textures. It can't be that dangerous for us to modify some .png files and place them in an alternative folder with the same structure.

I know they say no mod support, but it would hurt them none to let us do this.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    If they don't allow me to use my 15 mouse buttons then I'm completely against this. In fact I will be against any customization options at all unless they allow me to use my multi button mouse.

So my stance is let me use my mmo mouse and I won't care, but if they don't allow me to use my mouse then fuck everyone. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    If they don't allow me to use my 15 mouse buttons then I'm completely against this. In fact I will be against any customization options at all unless they allow me to use my multi button mouse.

So my stance is let me use my mmo mouse and I won't care, but if they don't allow me to use my mouse then fuck everyone. xD

Your mouse buttons are probably safe. In the Alpha, I had to make a special mouse profile to use it because there were no key binds early on, but I was able to play with a MMO mouse just fine.

They would have to go very far out of their way to stop us from using a special mouse, and even then I have tricks up my sleeve to make my mouse act like a keyboard as far as the client can tell.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »

Your mouse buttons are probably safe. In the Alpha, I had to make a special mouse profile to use it because there were no key binds early on, but I was able to play with a MMO mouse just fine.

They would have to go very far out of their way to stop us from using a special mouse, and even then I have tricks up my sleeve to make my mouse act like a keyboard as far as the client can tell.

That is great to know. I don't got to play the fuck everyone card then. xDXDXD
    I actually won't be able to play the game without it so not supporting it would literally be telling me to quit.

For options as long as including them into the game doesn't give anyone a noticable advantage. I'm all for it. Noticable is like if mechanical skill can never over come someone using it. There are not a lot of settings like this that would be in the options or video menus.

Multiple screens should be fine as long as it doesn't actually show more content than someone using 1 monitor. While also not stretching it like a Neanderthal.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East