Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Guild Gathering #10 - Guild vs. Guild Politics

2»

Comments

• Tools for navigating the politics of guild-to-guild conflict?
    Notifications and visual queues.
    Make a communications window, modelled after discords layout.
    - Have guild, guild enemies and allies look more formal.
    - Make a notifications icon, thats changes color depending on who sendt it.
    - Specific colors locked to guild, friends, enemies, and/or raid roll (healer/tank/dps).
    - Have zones of conflict be marked on the map by the guilds leader.
    - The same chat color over PC`s in regards to what roll they play.
    - Guild mark placed by players on the map, with a short message, that can be voted on by guild members for priority.
  • Q: What tools do you wish you had in navigating the politics of guild-to-guild conflict?

A: I believe it would be cool to meld aspects of politics from the tabletop game "Twilight Imperium" with Ashes of Creation. This could add some depth for those who want to vote over fight. I would recommend the team play a few games and figure out how to meld the voting politics of Twilight Imperium. I am sure it would take some time to think about how to mmo-ify the tabletop elements. Such as finding a way to allow voting on node-wide buffs or "Diplomacy" effects (as referred to in Twilight Imperium). These Diplomacy effects could be a random selection of 3 from a wide pull of possible effects.
  • I think guild alliances should be created in person as opposed to typing in a search bar. The reason I think so is, for a role playing aspect, it would mean that the guild leaders would have to actually interact with each other and possibly create a need for networking with other players. It also would give a better reason for guild leaders to have flying mounts. If both leaders are in distant nodes they would have a better reason to fly to the meeting place.

Disclaimer: I am not saying all interactions should be done in person, some should be allowed to be done over a global chat. But, forcing allied guilds to meet to have meetings and to alliance in the first place would create more player interaction which I know Ashes wants to do.
  • Just one thing, after the war being declared, you have a window of time like 24 hours or 48 that this rival guilds can attack each other in the open world
  • I believe that having some sort of high priority target list would be interesting, say for instance there are multiple guilds you are in opposition with. Being able to look and see which guilds are of more importance to actively sabotage would be nice. Something similar regarding allies, let's say there are two groups from different guilds being ambushed at the same time being able to look and see if one is of more importance to the guild and being able to prioritize a more important ally would be interesting.
  • Gaul_Gaul_ Member
    edited November 2021
    I'd like to be able to search a guild on my server and have a listing of characters who are points of contact-- not just the GM of that guild. Often the GM is very busy and I think it might nice to give guilds the option to appoint certain officers in game as an ambassador-- so you could PM them or send them in-game mail. Maybe even a small, public-facing information box so they could list their user id on Discord, give them an opportunity to describe their guild type, or just post a role play motto.
  • Darknezzz wrote: »
    -Alliance chat for the guilds in an alliance.

-A Bounty System, where guild leaders can set a price for the murder of a rival guild member, during guild wars, and this member would be tracked for the ones who accepted the ''hunt''.

THIS!!!!!
  • A bounty system for guild leaders to set on members of opposing/enemy guild's
  • I can see real immersive quality arising from the ability of guilds to post open contracts that any individual and/or other guilds on the same server can undertake for materials trade, items trade, bounties on individuals/opposing guilds, specific behavior patterns in certain nodes, mercenary gathering for sieges/node conquering, etc...

A simple and clean UI would be essential, well grounded in tactile gameplay mechanics, that doesn't break immersion by being too "convenient"..

It would then also be great to see a kind of "renown", when viewing another player & their guild, that is quick & easy to interpret by a collection of symbols/badges with tooltips, which builds up on any guild over time based on their achievements and interaction throughout the realm.. :p
  • Tensions between guilds should be able to be settled either through open field combat, or economic treaty.

Once war is declared; each guild makes claims against the other which the victor takes as prize.
    Days or weeks must be allocated each party, in order to muster the full strength of their might, to clash at specific place and time and date.

These events can potentially be publicly viewed, but only guild members and those contracted in to bolster said guild, may participate.
  • A means of tracking guild name and player changes, so that trouble makers can't avoid justice.

I would like to be able to apply a colored flag and associated notes to a player to identify them as noteworthy to my guild and alliance.
    My first thoughts are
    RED = enemy
    YELLOW = caution; perhaps they were loitering with intent or looked suspicious.
    GREEN = friendly or non-combatant
    BLUE = trusted friend or ally (this allows a wider alliance of like minded players to be acknowledged)
    WHITE = no flag set.
    Although any scheme could be permitted, so perhaps options are required.

These flags could be shown as a colored square alongside the players name when seen in play to help with threat assessments.
    If an area gets too congested then maybe just the flags remain (without the name) for players that are further away. That way you can tell if you are surrounded by RED or BLUE.

In the guild (and alliance) menu find somewhere to access flag logs:
    Record the date:time stamp of the log creation, by [Guildname:Playername] against [CurrentGuildname:CurrentPlayername] when they were known as [Guildname:Playername at the time the record was created].
    allow optional comments to be attached the flag log by the creator.

Example:
    [8th Dec 21: 20:00:00] [Virtue - Simurgh] RED flagged [Blue Dawn - McMackMuck] when they were known as [Raiders - McMackMuck]. [Virtue - Simurgh] commented: Repeatedly hitting our caravans.

This flag information would always be visible to Virtue and their allied guilds.
    This structure prevents "McMackMuck" from just changing guilds to avoid being noticed by the flagging system.

A log of all flags set by guild members and alliances would be accessible via a guild menu, with basic filtering options.
    Allow these to be exported as a .csv so that data can be parsed / sorted externally to Ashes.

Maybe some flags are set automatically on the opposing players when the guild is involved with PvP?
    Examples:
    [9th Dec 21: 19:31:57] [bot - PvP Caravan] RED flagged [Blue Dawn - McMackMuck] when they were a member of [Raiders - McMackMuck]. [bot] commented: McMackMuck attacked caravan.
    [9th Dec 21: 21:54:23] [bot - PvP Siege] RED flagged [Blue Dawn - McMackMuck] when they were a member of [Raiders - McMackMuck]. [bot] commented: McMackMuck defended [node name].

Maybe the guild leadership should be the ones to look at all the flag information that their members generate and determine how it is shown their members, or at least have the ability to override a flag set against individuals and guilds.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Make a backlog of all PvP kills by your guild, allowing you to track conflicts between your guild mates and other guilds. It should allow for a guildies kill or death to be recorded, as well as whoever they killed or was killed by, along with their guild. This will cause player kills to hold way more consequence, because you can now be held accountable by others more easily. And this is coming from me, who plans to PvP a lotttttttttt.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • The ability to track other guilds as ally, enemy, or neutral from within our guild interface would be helpful.

The ability to have a calendar sharing option with ally guilds to facilitate planning joint events.

If a guild is allied with another guild, it would be good to have an Alliance chat.

A Bounty System, where guild leaders can set a price for the murder of an opponent that is causing issues for their Guild.

Alliances should be formed for a specified period. One month, two months, etc. And guilds must be part for that duration. The alliance should be treated as a “contract” between guilds rather than a “gentlemen’s agreement”. This ensures that guilds can’t flipflop around whenever they feel like it. Gives more meaning to an alliance and makes the end point of one an opportunity for others to try and break that alliance, rather than have them be in perpetuity.

^^^^^ Agree with these statements
  • MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like to have a politics tab where a guild master can mark guilds with different options. For example

*Allience - Players from these guilds should have a special color so guildies can identify them. Also, PvP against them should be impossible.

*Friendly - While PvP is possible against them, they should be a different color so the guild knows they are friends

*Hostile/at war, so the guild knows who we are fighting.
  • I agree that allowing the GM to mark guilds as friendly or unfriendly for combat would be useful. Having a smiley face or skull over a player's head would be helpful. Perhaps have a $ over a bounty would be a way for bounty hunters to know the bounties while distinguishing a war system. I also agree that alliance channels with a different color text would be nice. Normally in games I have played green text is guild chat while orange chat is raid or dungeon chat. Perhaps blue chat or some other color that is easy on the eyes along with the word alliance in brackets could help people notice it including those who have disabilities. I also agree that a crafting tab within the guild information would be very helpful for crafting requests. While one can maintain it in discord, it would be nice to know who can gather, process, and craft items. I like the idea of guild pooling up their money or other resources to be able to hire temporary npc mercenaries to help with sieges. I also like the idea of npc mercenaries that caravan owners can hire to protect their caravan. Different ranks of AI based on price to give any would be thieves a challenge. Sure, you can rob me, but you better bring enough people.
  • BoanergeseBoanergese Member
    edited December 2021
    No to forced wars. Maybe allowed if both guilds are top tier... but stop allowing large guilds to decimate small guilds just because they can. This has been a game killer for folks who dont play just to pvp. L2, AA..... seen to many folks find a new game... Ashes should find a balance that allows some benefits from being in a guild that has a no war attitude...... i know some folks will cry about this but... these are the same folks who cry when they cant get mats/gear because they chased all the non-pvp types off a server.

You don't necessarily have to take land away from other, but conflict is part of a siege system. They could make it like what World of Warcraft did back in Alterac Valley when we had 40 v 40 battles and you got pvp rank and mounts, but nothing was lost at the end of the battle besides your pride. That is not the design goal of this game. The developers want you to invest in land and have the desire to defend your land. If nothing can be lost, what motivation do you have to participate in pvp? None. If you don't want to pvp, then find a strong guild and either buy an apartment in that node or get a freehold on the outskirts of the castle. If nothing else, you will have to defend your node. You could also try diplomacy. Maybe you are the neutral country within the world that mediates between other warring factions.
  • *coming to this a bit late*
    I think a decent amount of systems would be nice. Any information sharing systems between ally's is amazing. Especially if you add the spy element. A spy in the guild would want that info, so not only do you have to be careful about what happens in your guild you also have to be careful what you share with your ally's because they might be flooded with spys. But in general the more you add the more elements that can be manipulated and the more time people have to spend thinking about these things. So while some players might not like these issues in their fantasy rpg I think it definitely adds a great element to the game. And at the very least it gives the mayors and politicians something to do besides combat. Would be nice for people who dont like pvp.
  • PodgnilPodgnil Member
    edited January 2022
    I think enemys should be enemys in all, can't trade, whisper, be in one group or raid, some one say it's to much, but I think it's best way to make conflict mater. And here should be some account instrument thet make impossible to be in two enemy guilds. Or if we talk about spi, and IS won't make other acc characters visible at all, here should be some anti spi instrument for guilds. And for example if ure guild want to spi for another, u should have a member thet have high runk in "Thifs guild". Or if ure have very strong guild, u can detect some people who plays in another guild for much time.