Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Out of all the cosmetics that have been sold til now, which one do you wish was obtainable ingame?

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
For me it has to be the protectors armor from 2018. I know they said you MIGHT be able to get similar stuff ingame, but anything other than gray will just look stupid in my opinion.

Such a pity so many armor designs will only be used by a couple of thousand people and NPCs

Which one do you wish would be obtainable ingame?

Comments

• Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2021
    All of them. No seriously, I believe it would be awesome if they made these as unlockable reputation features within the world, and players that did get these with a donation start with their reputation maxxed with said people as a sort of background. Just make it so that these reputations give no mechanical advantage and I think it will work out.

Sure, the cosmetic will be less prestigious if more people can unlock them with effort, but allowing players to access these cosmetics through gameplay is an overall net positive in my book. As far as I know you can only get one set of these cosmetics per account, correct me if I am wrong on that. With that assumption this means you cant just buy all the cosmetics anyway, so having an avenue to eventually acquire them all through gameplay seems like a logical and player friendly way to approach this. It also gives more world depth and engagement for the amount of time and effort put into all these cosmetic packages past the creation of the game.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    I don't really care. They've said there'll be similar items to unlock in-game anyway, so I'm willing to believe them.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    None.
    They need to stay true to their word.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I havent seen anything that would make me say "this looks too good to be just a skin, even if it is for backers."

I have faith that they keep the best for ingame high lv craftable sets.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven has said many times that the cosmetics bought in the shop will be unique, but equivalent and better ones will be obtainable in game. Whether that means re-skins or what, we'll see.

Part of the selling point for shop cosmetics is their rarity and uniqueness. Why would I buy something I can get for free? Some people might pay still to save time, but a good shop will try to maximize a customer's desire to make a purchase.

It would be a bad move to devalue their shop cosmetics, and it's a bad look. "why is this company selling something you can buy in game?! Is this the first steps to P2W?".

I think if the original vision is true, it's a good compromise.

Aq0KG2f.png