Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Different Color Items for Different Races and Gender

LukiLulupedLukiLuluped Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
When I played Alpha 1 I got this bug/feature where my cape was white on my female character while it was black on everyone else.

I'm not sure if this was by design but everyone loved it and thought it was so cool and interesting and it gave a new dimension to an already existing item.

Will we see more of this in the final game, where items will have different colors for different races and genders?

Here's the clip with the white cape: https://clips.twitch.tv/DepressedTacitNarwhalBatChest-W50G28Dzf0Yq-pTs

Comments

• Options
    AshesCreationAshesCreation Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally i like the idea of different versions of the armor for races and genders, but then it comes to the point of, If im playing a dwarf and i don't like my racial headpiece, is it possible for me to transmog it to a different races style.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2021
    I don't know about gender but each race is supposed to have there own gear appearance:
    Racial gear
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't mind minor changes in shape and ornamentation depending on race and gender. But I really dislike any actual color change, especially if it's as drastic as that cape was.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hate it.

I hate the idea of racial armor.

Locking colors is stupid too.

Ideally, anyone would be able to wear anything.

Player agency > Stupid restrictions.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    1) It would be nice to add racial sets, and not only for customization, but also that they would give bonuses to parameters that could highlight the pros and cons of a particular race.
    2) I would also like to see paints that could be used to paint the armor the way players want. This was the case in Warhammer MMOrpg. (And also, from my point of view, the coolest world Pvp was in Warhammer and in the Rift - I advise to thou to study this question :)))
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1) It would be nice to add racial sets, and not only for customization, but also that they would give bonuses to parameters that could highlight the pros and cons of a particular race.
    2) I would also like to see paints that could be used to paint the armor the way players want. This was the case in Warhammer MMOrpg. (And also, from my point of view, the coolest world Pvp was in Warhammer and in the Rift - I advise to thou to study this question :)))

1: That is nearly the opposite of "Customization". You are basically joining your race's army, wear everyone wears the same uniform. Nothing custom about looking like every other elf in your race.

2: Part of the reason Warhammer Online was a flop was because everyone looked too much a like. I remember a major common complaint with that game.

I do agree with you that gear should be customizable, with different colors. Gear dying is a stated feature in Ashes for "Non-Cash Shop" gear only.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.