Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should each class have their own arena

ShadowCloneShadowClone Member
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
Basically what the title says. How do u guys feel about a seperate arena mode where there's a ladder system for each class?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    No.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Just for glory? Sure. But no rewards. Still.. better ways to allocate resources.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just for glory? Sure. But no rewards. Still.. better ways to allocate resources.

What about cosmetic rewards? Maybe whoever is current champion gets a special class weapon skin while they hold the title?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    mfckingjokermfckingjoker Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm assuming since classes are not balanced for solo but for group pvp there might be class based arena for rewards ye. Or have both class based and non class based arena.
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif
  • Options
    are we talking 1v1s within the same class? idk, you could break it up into bits and it would be good, but this is very specific.

arenas = yes
    1v1s = maybe (could be fun, wont be balanced)
    within the same class = meh

If we are talking about aesthetics of the physical arena, class-based would be cool. probably more realistic that they are race-based depending on the race-type of the node the arena is in.
  • Options
    Hm… I’d rather have a coliseum (a no corruption pvp zone) where folks can test or organize whatever they want. I’m always curious to see what folks with self organize given a venue.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Hm… I’d rather have a coliseum (a no corruption pvp zone) where folks can test or organize whatever they want. I’m always curious to see what folks with self organize given a venue.

Even in the open world, some contest or competition could be organized. Let say a tanking contest. A strong monster is chosen, one designed for groups, and contestants have their go against it one at the time. The one who lasted the longest is declared winner.

Organizers could promise a special price but it's mostly for fun and bragging rights.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !