Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nodes discussion, maybe I missed something?

I think ive watched all of the dev vids on YouTube but I could have missed something :P just worried about the nodes, will they be randomly generated? i fear people will just end up data mining the game and then only going for "X" Zone.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    The develop and progress is based on player influence within the area. Their appearance is also influenced by the races of those players and their influence. There may even be a few spots in each zone that nodes can develop throughout different cycles. I am not entirely sure on the latter's details in relation to world map. Some nodes can be developed near shore lines which allow them to transport materials harbour to harbour etc.

As an example:

A level 0 area may begin development when players start killing off mobs, start gathering etc. Your actions contribute to the nodes experience. Eventually a level 1 node will develop and a camp may develop at one of the spots that can develop in the zone.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Just A Man wrote: »
    I think ive watched all of the dev vids on YouTube but I could have missed something :P just worried about the nodes, will they be randomly generated? i fear people will just end up data mining the game and then only going for "X" Zone.

They won't be randomly generated. The node types are pre-determined and are the same on each server.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply's!<3 I was big dumb and missed steven speak on it on a earlier vid
  • Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    I'm going ahead and close this thread since the question has been answered, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.