Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which cosmetic items will be the rarest?

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
With all the cosmetic packs we have seen since 2017, there are now quite a few cosmetic items.
Some are probably extremly common, like the Corvid Castigator. Others, are probably very rare, like the royalty and above cosmetics from the kickstarer.

Out of all the cosmetics except the Kickstarter "Leader of men" and above, which cosmetics do you think are the rarest currently?

My guess on the rarest cosmetics would be:

1. Apocalypse rares (wiki code gryphon, special armor cosmetics). In addition to Apocalypse not being popular, even less people bothered with the extra rewards.

2. Obsidian armor (not that many people bothered). Grinding all the way to level 50 during this time was quite a drag. I dont think many people bothered with this.

3. Pre-2018 cosmetic packs (Most people interested in the game had already spent cash and most likely did not want to do it again so soon).

4. The very ugly, I mean niche cosmetics during 2018. The uglier the rarer. Ashes had not yet popped off on social media.

5. Leader of men cosmetic rewards. This is quite popular since the lifetime subscription felt like a great deal.

*Remember, we don't need to include kickstarter tiers above leader of men, since we have the numbers on these already, which we know are quite low currently. On the other hand, a ton of people have the potential to upgrade to these tiers. So in the future, these might not be as rare.

Which cosmetics do you think are the rarest?

Comments

• Options
    Whichever had the least purchases.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Your speculation seems pretty spot on. To the point that you answered your own question. The ealery and uglyer the cosmetic, the rarer it will be.

That said, this current one is the worst and I hope no one buys it. Bah humbug!
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Whichever had the least purchases.

Well, we dont have the numbers for stuff outside of original kickstarter stuff and forum badges. Which leaves quite a lot of room for speculation!
  • Options
    chaoticwaffleschaoticwaffles Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2021
    I think the nighthunter gryphon will be one of the rarer skins, you had to get it from a code in the wiki during the apoc time and there were only 120 codes and i think that was split between the gryphon and an armor set so about 60 each or 120 each but either way its really rare. I have the nighthunter gryphon :)

And also yea the apoc skins will most likely be really rare if not the rarest, thinking this i got just about all of them lol i used all my ember stones to reach max level and unlock the other skins
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2021
    The rarest one will be the Armor of the Golden Sun from Apocalypse. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Armor_of_the_Golden_Sun

Was a developer only armour that they only gave out codes to a few people.

Technically the rarest cosmetic item will be the $5k Kickstarter pack rewards that allow people to make their own custom pet and Freehold skin though since they'll be the only person to own that particular cosmetic.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Hopefully we don't see that stupid stuffertons mount too often. Thats a KoS as far as I am concerned lmao
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Hopefully we don't see that stupid stuffertons mount too often. Thats a KoS as far as I am concerned lmao

Just wait until they release the Stufferton racial skin!

odi-setiawan-ramelan-teddy.jpg

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    I think the nighthunter gryphon will be one of the rarer skins, you had to get it from a code in the wiki during the apoc time and there were only 120 codes and i think that was split between the gryphon and an armor set so about 60 each or 120 each but either way its really rare. I have the nighthunter gryphon :)

And also yea the apoc skins will most likely be really rare if not the rarest, thinking this i got just about all of them lol i used all my ember stones to reach max level and unlock the other skins

U sure you could not just buy that mount in the store?
  • Options
    ShadowheartShadowheart Member
    edited December 2021
    It was available for purchase during the Dec 9 2018 Alpha test of Apocalypse. It was then removed from the in-game store prior to open testing release. The only way to then get the skin was either during the GM event (via killing Steven in the BR) or via the 2nd wikiversary code drop.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »

That looks cool.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options

DIjPxBt.gif
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options

giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Now I want a stufferton racial skin to exist. It should be forced onto every corrupted player in the game until they are no longer corrupt.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nerror wrote: »
    Now I want a stufferton racial skin to exist. It should be forced onto every corrupted player in the game until they are no longer corrupt.

Holy crap that is brilliant.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »

t9gc6Br.gif
    GJjUGHx.gif