Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion: Giving playtime to friends as player with Lifetime Subscription

nonameftwnonameftw Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
Anyone that has a lifetime subscription of the game through the kickstarter campaign effectively "looses" the playtime from the previous tiers. It is obviously the one time one cannot get from upgrading all this way. Can't get more playtime than lifetime.

But it would be nice if players could give the subscription time of the previous tier to a friend on a one time bases. Each month separately. This way one can invite up to 6 friends to join on launch day or give up to half a year to one friend.
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.”

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    One, Intrepid has virtually no incentive to do so. Two, that is not how the "and rewards from all previous tiers works." If you had a package with 3 months, and a higher package with 6 months, you do not have 9 months of subtime. Once someone has achieved lifetime sub status those lower package months are just part of the lifetime sub. Also, if you read your TOS, account rewards are not transferrable except in very specific cases like the guild barding and capes, and those have restrictions on use also.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is true. Game time always says it adds on from the previous tiers. Explorer gave one month of game time, Explorer gave an additional (for a total of 2), Pioneer gave an additional one (for a total of 3), Founder gave another (up to 4 now), and finally Warrior of Old gave an additional 2 (for the maximum 6 months). The next tier up, Braver of Worlds, just adds on to that 6 months really.

How much time does it add? That's up to you!!! Yes, it's totally up to you, because it's a "lifetime subscription". So be careful and try not to die too soon or you won't get your money's worth.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Just play your video game mate....
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Assuming the success of the game, the lifetime sub is already an insane value. You are asking a start-up to just throw money away. A start-up that already threw a lot of money away, promising no box fee.

Anyone who was enthusiastic enough to get that lifetime sub is probably selling it up to six of their friends anyway. I know my friends are sure sick as hell of hearing about Ashes.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    You don't have anything to gift. The agreement is between you and Intrepid and is non-transferable (without an exceptional amount of goodwill from Intrepid).

If you upgraded in stages then all previous game time is upgraded to the new game time. At the time you agreed the Terms of Service (often a tickbox between you and payment) you must have considered them acceptable.

If you only look at the detail of a contract after signing it and then decide that you don't like it, or would like it to be different.... I don't think we need to involve a lawyer to explain how screwed you could have been. Contracts are what we fall back on when all friendliness and goodwill disappear, it is always worth reading them.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    @nonameftw and thanks for helping to fund the game. I hope you and Ashes both have a long life. I'll be paying for all the new content with my sub!
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have a lifetime sub (yes, envy/hate me accordingly) and your misconception of the system in place has been adequately explained above, but I'm going to hijack the thread to express my support for a system where one player can buy game time for another player in the form of an "invite".

I've played games where if you invited a friend to play, you both received a free month of sub time, and it helped me not just make friends, but bribe my current friends to remain my friend.

I would support a system like this. I don't really like the "token" system, because that just incentivizes RMT or gold buying. Would be nice though as a Lifetime Sub holder to gift the $15 I'd be paying otherwise to other players. But not with a token-type system.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you don't trust someone enough to give them 15 to actually play the game, why would you be willing to give them a sub to begin with? Sounds untrustworthy and not worth being a guild mate...
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    JustVine wrote: »
    If you don't trust someone enough to give them 15 to actually play the game, why would you be willing to give them a sub to begin with? Sounds untrustworthy and not worth being a guild mate...

I get what you mean (and I mostly agree),

but from the gifter's perspective: I think it's like giving cash to someone vs giving them a gift card.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just give them your credit card number. Surely nothing could go wrong.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.