Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

When does this game release??

HelrottHelrott Member
edited December 2021 in Support & FAQ
I keep seeing that it released in 2019? What's going on?

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2021
    There is no release date. The 24 September 2019 release date was the release date for Ashes of Creation: Apocalpyse which was the Battle Royale testing mode.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    So its been in development for that long?
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yep, it is gonna totally rock!
  • Options
    I hope so! Most mmo's that focus so much on graphics seem to lack on mechanics and gameplay
  • Options
    pogybaitpogybait Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    The one question that seemed to be skirted was the impact of the new shift in graphics engines to the timelines.

My fear is that we will see a minimum 2-3 year pushback.

I understand the longevity this may bring to the game; however, many backers had a timeline in their head and that timeline has to dramatically shift.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited December 2021
    Probably the most accurate answer is when Steven says it’s done. Personally, I’m measuring with years not months.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    The next step of the development will be the release of Alpha 2 where the other features will be implemented. Then the game will need to be balanced and bug fixes done in Beta 1 and Beta 2. If we are luck the game will come out at the end of 2023, beginning of 2024. The good news is that the developers decided to implement the Unreal Engine 5 now which will help with graphics, scalability, and future proof the game. Go ahead and watches this video that they just posted this week which showcases the game using Unreal Engine 5. This is actual game footage, not just cinematic. Intrepid was started in 2015. I think the game has been in development 4 or 5 years. It looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAFW6Pkx-N4&t=4s
  • Options
    pogybait wrote: »
    The one question that seemed to be skirted was the impact of the new shift in graphics engines to the timelines.

My fear is that we will see a minimum 2-3 year pushback.

I understand the longevity this may bring to the game; however, many backers had a timeline in their head and that timeline has to dramatically shift.

They didn't skirt the question. They told you that most of the game has been imported from Unreal Engine 4 into Unreal Engine 5. They said the developers would all have access in January 2022. Alpha 2 may be a little delayed because of this, but the project itself could be done quicker. The advantage of the new game engine is that programmers and artists can work on the same area at the same time. So instead of one artist working on a mountain region, they could task three artists to that same area to get the work done faster. Also, instead of the area being locked in the database by the employee working on it and the lead designer not being able to check his or her work, now with UE5 everyone can view the work, make any suggestions and give the stamp of approval. In the long wrong this should same the company time. The new game engine could also help with players computers because it will render textures more efficiently, so your video card or CPU won't be taxed as much. I don't think you have anything to fear @pogybait

Rewatch the videos, Margaret and Steven gave several answers about the impact on this project.
  • Options
    They just finished testing the alpha 1. This game could release beginning of 2023 could be the end of 2025. Really depends on when they feel it is fully prepared for launch.
  • Options
    I supported with the Voyager+ pack, and will happily wait 3 years if it takes that long to have the game completed, and as polished as Steven wants. First and only game I've ever bought into.
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    RazThemun wrote: »
    They just finished testing the alpha 1. This game could release beginning of 2023 could be the end of 2025. Really depends on when they feel it is fully prepared for launch.

The odds of a early 2023 full release are about as likely as my chances of hooking up with Jessica Alba. The game will most likely still be in Alpha 2 at that point.

the average MMO takes 5-7 years to develop, and your average MMO isn't nearly as ambitious as Ashes nor did they have to deal with the government forcing them to shutdown their studio for over a year.

Fortunately Alpha 2 is the point where the servers are supposed to stay up 24/7..........well they'll come down for maintenace and updates quite regularly but they'll be up besides that.
  • Options
    2023/2024? really? this sucks.
    I wanted to switch from New World to this game, because New World sucks.
  • Options
    bashler wrote: »
    I wanted to switch from New World to this game, because New World sucks.

Yeah, after I quit New World due to the direction developers were going-- that's when I discovered Ashes. I had heard about it a few times over the years but never really looked closely until recently.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    bashler wrote: »

Some of us have been waiting since 2017…

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    RevengeRomanRevengeRoman Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Atama To be honest I feel masochistic at this point but I feel like it will be worth it in the end. I'm excited to help the team more directly in the Alpha 2. Hopefully sometime in the next year.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Helrott

As others have mentioned, there is no official release date for Ashes just yet. We've just recently done Alpha 1 testing and we're waiting for future updates from the developers.

I'm going to move this thread to the support section and close it now. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.