Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Character movement/animation?

I heard it been expressed that character movement is a bit weird by some youtubers (Kira I believe) and that the character does not fit the world because of weird scaling. I have not played the alpha and from just watching some videos I don't see any problems with it.

What do you people who played the alpha think. Is there anything wrong with character movement/animation?

Comments

• NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I saw no scaling problems at all. I have heard a few say it, but I never experienced it myself. Movement seemed pretty good in A1, but more tweaks are needed.
  • Honestly, given the announced move to UE5, the character animations are going to be completely overhauled. Here's a link to the UE5 video on Youtube so you can judge for yourself.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    During the Alpha 1 tests, the movement and character animations weren't yet in a finished state, so they understandably looked a little weird. They will go through many passes before they're finished, so I wouldn't worry too much about what we see right now.

The beta tests will be the time to look closely at the animations to make sure they are up to scratch.
    volunteer_moderator.gif