Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Warlord-like role from L2

CrazylegsCrazylegs Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
Hi, I have been wondering if anybody else would have the same thoughts as I, regarding the Dreadnought class.
Given the inspiration from Lineage 2, that AOC very clearly uses (Big plus in my book), would you think that there would be a class-mix that would equal a warlord from L2 ? I used to play warlord and enjoyed the lightning spear (ranged stun) ability very much, to control siege battlefield etc.

Any thoughts, guesstimates on this ?

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes#Classes_by_archetype_combination

Siren or Argent maybe? I don't think we know enough about these classes to really say for sure. I think I played a little Dreadnought in L2 for a week or two. It was the one that could buff the whole clan, right? I am not sure we are getting anything like that.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes#Classes_by_archetype_combination

It was the one that could buff the whole clan, right? I am not sure we are getting anything like that.
    No that would be the overlord if I'm not mistaken :) the warlord was the spear/polearm aoe semi tank
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Beloved wrote: »
    No that would be the overlord if I'm not mistaken :) the warlord was the spear/polearm aoe semi tank

That sounds correct. It has been years since I played and orc in L2.

So in Ashes you can use any weapon, on any class or race. So you can make a spear orc or for sure. What combination of tank as main or subclass tank that feels closest to what you want is not going to be well understood for a while. We don't even know for sure what the battle system is going to be yet.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.