Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions about the environment and guild-symbols

Hey everyone.

These questions popped up a few days ago and Im just curious if anyone knows anything about it :smile:

Does anyone know if we will get to see stuff in the sky? Things like falling meteorites, stars at night, northern lights? I dont know about all of you but I for one would love to explore snowy regions and be able to look up at the night-sky to watch the northern lights dance above me!

Maybe you have other stuff you would like to see in the skies? Comment about it! :smile:

Next questions; do you know if there will be guild-symbols we can hang up inside/outside of our houses? Will castles have banners with the ruling guild's logo?
Will you be able to somehow display your guild's symbol in combat? Like a flag or tabards or something?

Feel free to share if you have any other ideas around these questions!

Have a great day!

Comments

• Options
    I like sky stuff, and I hope it's not dull.
    A lot of things are on the 'Let's look at that after launch' list.

Guild benefits that are being considered by the developers:[18]

Gear enhancements.[19]
    Passives.[18]
    Questlines.[18]
    Guild halls.[18]
    Guild castles.[18]
    Guild activities.[18]
    Name of guild displayed next to character name.[20]
    Guild tabards.[20]
    Guild mounts.[20]
    Guild coats.[20]
    Guild barding.[20]

• Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd love sky stuff. Especially if there's lore/quest tie ins etc.
  • Options
    I'm not huge on actual content that you do in the sky, but seeing cool stuff in the sky is indeed awesome.
    Funny enough the latest Twitter post showing next to your post right now talks about the Vaelune sky watching for shooting stars.

Outside of things like Aurora borealis, meteors and a beautiful star system I'd love to see something really mysterious floating high in the sky that nobody knows much about.
    I like to imagine something like the flying eyeball ship in 'Children who Chase Lost Voices', loved how weird and mysterious it was.
  • Options
    Cadac wrote: »
    I like sky stuff, and I hope it's not dull.
    A lot of things are on the 'Let's look at that after launch' list.

Guild benefits that are being considered by the developers:[18]

Gear enhancements.[19]
    Passives.[18]
    Questlines.[18]
    Guild halls.[18]
    Guild castles.[18]
    Guild activities.[18]
    Name of guild displayed next to character name.[20]
    Guild tabards.[20]
    Guild mounts.[20]
    Guild coats.[20]
    Guild barding.[20]

I just hope they dont down-prioritize too much stuff just to get the game out in time. Having only a part (even if its most things) of the enviorement done before launch will, atleast in my opinion, make it not feel complete. So I hope they will consider the sky as a place to make cool stuff happen, and as you mentioned Mopy King, they seem to have some things in consideration already. Searching for fallen stars to end up with some rare material or weapon or w/e has the posibility to make for good PvP content for an example. :smile:

I'm not sure if I'm remembering it correctly now but if some of you ever played WoW back when it was new, they had Naxxramas floating above some areas without much use other than speculations as to what it might be. It ended up being one of the greatest and hardest raids - something like that would be fun to see in AoC aswell.