Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cute characters?

Is it me or does the internet zeitgeist lean on the cute side? Cat girls in final fantasy, Vloggers. Has the weebs won or am I gaslighted?

🥳🥳🥳🥳

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am pretty sure you just said you think cat girls are cute...
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I am pretty sure you just said you think cat girls are cute...

I know what i said ;)
  • Options
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2021
    I dislike them all. Why? Because they always act weird or silly. The catrace from ff14 being the exception. They were well made, as opposed to the lalafel from that game.

But then again... you have adult warriors and mages basically wearing cat ears. And that's the first and lasting impression.
  • Options
    If I am being honest with myself. There is not much difference between elf and cat-girl...

Like they are both human with different ears. I guess the tail is the only thing that is really that different.
    TVMenSP.png
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    My EQ2 main was bald with a red mustache, and a big pirate ear ring. Cleric.
  • Options
    ogreogre Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Of course most people want good looking characters. Honestly the more customization available in this regard the better. Most MMO races boil down to “slightly different human” anyway whether it’s simply proportionally different, or different body/facial features etc.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    If I am being honest with myself. There is not much difference between elf and cat-girl...

Like they are both human with different ears. I guess the tail is the only thing that is really that different.

If that's how you personally feel that's how you personally feel and there's nothing more to add to that.

To me however, elves can be taken seriously while cat-girls are just silly beyond redemption.

Similarly, I could take a minotaur or centaur or reptilian race seriously but a bunny eared human? Never.

Fantasy is fantasy but you can have fantasy that can be taken seriously and fantasy that is meant as nothing more than a joke, I hope Intrepid will strongly root their game in the first option.

• Options
    I've rarely heard a game be praised as much as FFXIV and the designer team for FFXIV looks unusually respectable for a game-dev company, but I never gave it a shot and never will simply because it looks horrific to me.

Horrificly stupid that is (I repeat, this is my own subjective perception) with its bunny girls, cat girls, gnome-like-child-things-whatevers, etc

• Options
    Khajiit has wares, if you have coins...

Not all cat people are cut.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Percimes wrote: »
    Khajiit has wares, if you have coins...

Not all cat people are cut.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    DizzDizz Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't mind at all, it's a fantasy world, as long as it can blend in the world, its okay to me.

And it's fun to me that I don't really tell the difference between nerds weebs otakus what ever they call, as long as you like a high fantasy world you are one of us, I don't see why can't have as much variety as possible as long as the art style can blend.

Like cars, some think sport car is cool and some think mini is cute, why the world can't have both?
    A casual follower from TW.

↓Good youtube channel to learn things about creating games.↓
    Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1DvRY5PyHHt3KN9ghunuw
  • Options
    Why cute, why every single mmorpg go to the same path is rare the mmorpg i can pick an ugly race, are always perfect characters, give me a choice of playing with fat , no neck character full of body hair almost like a werewolf, i m already beautiful in real life i want to have an completely difference experience in my game
  • Options
    I'll just leave this as my opinion.

https://youtu.be/P5O7q5_kbwg
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Good call.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ramirez wrote: »
    Why cute, why every single mmorpg go to the same path is rare the mmorpg i can pick an ugly race, are always perfect characters, give me a choice of playing with fat , no neck character full of body hair almost like a werewolf, i m already beautiful in real life i want to have an completely difference experience in my game

Don’t worry, they will have a Tulnar you can make.

Hhak63P.png