Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

can you play this game?

bachisdeadbachisdead Member
edited January 2022 in Support & FAQ
hey was looking for a new online game. can I purchase this game to play right now?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    It is several years from release.
  • Options
    i'm going to community college for data analyst certificate. what program language do I need to know to help out? lol
  • Options
    Fortran
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    bachisdead wrote: »
    i'm going to community college for data analyst certificate. what program language do I need to know to help out? lol

Hey dude, for a serious answer, you can see their available jobs here:
    https://intrepidstudios.com/careers

If you scan through some of the technical job descriptions, you'd want to explore:
    C++
    Python
    Perforce (and GIT)
    Unreal Engine
    Linux
    Jenkins
    JavaScript and common frameworks
    SQL (mongoDB and PostGreSQL specifically mentioned)
    Amazon Web Servers/Google Cloud Platform (Kubernetes mentioned)

Intrepid are getting pretty high-calibre applicants - as you can see, most of their advertised positions are 3+ years of experience, so if you're dead set on helping out, you'd want to start creating your own projects now :)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi bachidead

I'm afraid there is no release date for the game just yet. We're waiting for more information from the devs on schedules for this coming year.

Keep an eye on the social media and news channels for updates.

I'm going to move this thread to the support section and close it now. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.