Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Time in game = loss or win?

Hello, I stumbled onto Ashes fairly recently and have a question/concern.
In essence I am concerned that instead of only rewarding players for spending time in game it will also punish players like myself for not being able to spend as much time in game.

I would like to emphasize this concern is not about players getting benefits for playing. only that I want to have a reasonable time playing at times when I can and not have a zurg of much more experienced players make my efforts impossible.

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dont play mmos then
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The devs cancelled log in rewards. That means you won't miss out on that facet but the nature of mmos means you will always miss out on something because they are perpetual and we be human.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah this will be a problem with any online game you play.

I too can’t devote a lot of time since I have kids, a career, etc. But I can put in enough time to enjoy myself. Just not as much as a no-lifer.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    MoowellMoowell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't think you'll have to worry too much about a zerg of players making things difficult. The map is pretty big, so if there are too many people around and you can't get anything hunted or gathered, there's always another spot on the map. No one wants to compete with a zerg, so the zerg will eventually dissolve as players spread out.