Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

January Artwork

800px-Jan_22YouTube---2560x1440.png

What are we looking at here, do you think? A cave hideout in a coastal node? An underrealm harbour?
This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

Comments

• Options
    ZarrathZarrath Member
    edited January 2022
    That’s what it looks like to me, a freetown or a pirate refuge.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    It looks a bit like the pirate cove we had in A1. If it's not the same, it's very similar at least.

The main quest line took you in there, and if you spent some time exploring under water, there was an underwater tunnel that lead to small cave with what looked like some sort of door or potentially a portal. It was closed off in A1 though.
  • Options
    An under realm harbor would require one heck of a set of locks to get to the surface. We could just use the "magic" excuse of course.

It could be a node at the entrance to the under realm.

It could be a set piece pirates cove.

More likely it's just concept art showing (shock, horror!)... a concept, ...but even then there are themes to explore;
    the animal skull headed torches (why _everywhere_ without variety? deliberate OCD to ward off evil spirits or just artist cut and paste repetition?)
    canvas rooves to keep water drips off building in habitants (less useful against rock falls!)
    clothing styles - we have Santa Dwarf costumes, so a tricorn hat isn't so out of place in a medieval fantasy.
    why store barrels in several positions along the walkways?
    why the wrecked ship and boat haven't been stripped down for resources?
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    An under realm sea would be sick.
  • Options
    Ironhope wrote: »

Take all the nopes I can throw at you because I would never go near a pitch black sea underground. That combines claustrophobia, fear of the unknown, and sharks all together. Nonononononono.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Looks like DS2 no man's wharf
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »

Take all the nopes I can throw at you because I would never go near a pitch black sea underground. That combines claustrophobia, fear of the unknown, and sharks all together. Nonononononono.

Like Sharknado mixed with Saw. Terrifying!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Almost look like they expanded on this at 4:17 or an area very similar is a zone we have not sen yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur3lnv89pko
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    My inner Goonie is happy.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    My inner Goonie is happy.

This ^ Just 'yes'.

This is somewhat kind of how yours truly was to imagine that certain Tulnar/Underrealm ports and wharves will look. I was saddened to see it's inhabitants appear so human - but again, my first impression was an underground port. It could just as easily be a cave-with-a-cove, akin to the Goonies.

• Options
    From the descriptions we've heard, I don't think it is the underrealm, my guess would be some form of giant grotto just off of the coast or on an island. There must be an entrance big enough to get a ship in though (right side of picture)

• Options
    A place to chill with my corrupted bastards
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    It’s a family theme restaurant called The Yarr House.

Home of the bottomless tartar sauce and Pepperoni Pegleg Platter.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sathrago wrote: »

Haha
    I totally relate.

In A1 I was ok swimming to distant shores because I knew there was nothing in the water yet.
    The day they add krakens, sharks and creatures of the deep I will forever become a landlubber.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    maouw wrote: »
    The day they add krakens, sharks and creatures of the deep I will forever become a landlubber.

Can’t swim, water will eat me.

Hhak63P.png